Jackie Engelberg MA - Life Changing Coach - Parenting and LGBTQ+ Specialism
07956 451 767
Are you a parent who feels overwhelmed by the many aspects of your challenging role?
* Concerns about your childs sexual orientation or gender identity
* How to support your child with their special needs
* Worries about your child being bullied
* Managing your child's challenging behaviour
*Preparing for your child to leave the 'nest'
I am a parenting coach who supports and empowers parents to manage their challenging and exciting role by helping them to create nurturing and fulfilling lives for themselves and their children.
Parents who have previously worked with me have developed
Increased confidence in their parenting skills
Greater clarity about their differing parenting role
Clearer understanding of sexuality and gender issues
New found freedom when children are leaving the 'nest'
Improved relationships with their children
Clearer communication with and increased trust of their children
Overall, parents are happier, calmer and relaxed
* more confident with improved self esteem
* increasingly open and honest in their communication
* comfortable with their sexual orientation and/ or gender identity
* assertive rather than aggressive or passive
My work includes:
- Individual coaching for parents
- Individual coaching for young people on issues of sexuality and gender identity
- Individual coaching for young people and in particular those with emotional, behavioural, social or learning difficulties
- Relationship coaching - Parents and children together
- Coaching for educational staff on professional challenges and issues
Training, qualifications & experience
I am a qualified teacher, professional coach, trainer and counsellor with over 35 years of experience working with young people and parents: as a primary and secondary school teacher, youth worker, school counsellor and Special Education Needs Coordinator (SENCO).
I am the mother of two adult children.
I have worked as an associate trainer for KIDSCAPE, the leading charity in the UK on preventing bullying and protecting children.
My work in schools has enabled me to develop a wealth of experience and expertise in supporting parents through the differing challenges their children face such as secondary transition, bullying issues, behavioural problems and social communication challenges.
I have supported parents to manage the total spectrum of the area of Special Educational Needs. This has included coming to terms with a range of diagnoses including autism, dyslexia, ADHD, emotional, behavioural and mental health difficulties.
Increasingly, parents are presenting with concerns about and understanding of their child's sexual orientation or gender identity.
My current consultancy includes supporting staff and pupils in school to become more inclusive I am working on the areas of bullying, in particular homophobic bullying, restorative practices in order to resolve conflicts and manage behaviour more effectively.
Additionally, my work includes ensuring that schools are fully aware and knowledgeable of LGBTQ issues.
I work as a volunteer counsellor for CHILDLINE, a confidential support service for young people. I also volunteer on the helpline at SWITCHBOARD (Brighton and Hove) which provides support and information for the LGBTQ community.
- Professional Coach qualified with the internationally renowned Coaches Training Institute (CTI)
- MA Counselling and Training, Middlesex University
- Diploma Counselling Skills, South West London College
- Diploma in Youth and Community Work, Manchester Polytechnic
- Teaching Certificate, IM Marsh College, Liverpool
Continued professional training qualifications include:
- Life, Death and Transition, Kubler-Ross Foundation
- Mediation Foundation Training, Family Mediators Association
- Introduction to Dyslexia, Hornsby Institute for Dyslexia
- The Role of SENCO in an Inclusive School, Southwark Education Authority
- Restorative Practices and Approaches-Transforming Conflict Organization
Areas of coaching I deal with
Other areas of coaching I deal with
- Bullying and behavioural problems
- Special educational needs
Please get in touch for a FREE CONSULTATION where I will talk you through the process and answer additional questions you may have.
Coaching sessions can be held over the phone, Skype or face to face in a safe environment.
FEES:- £60.00 per hours session
£200.00 - 4 session bundle
Jackie Engelberg MA 07956 451 767 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Type of session
|Online life coaching:||Yes|
|Telephone life coaching:||Yes|
|Face to face life coaching:||Yes|