Jackie Engelberg - MA
079 5645 1767
Are you a parent who feels overwhelmed by the many challenges of your difficult role?
Do you worry about your child underachieving, being bullied, moving schools?
Are you challenged by your child’s difficult behaviour?
I am a parenting coach, who supports and empowers parents to manage their challenging and exciting role by helping them to create fulfilling lives for themselves and their family.
My work includes:
- Individual coaching and counselling for parents
- Individual coaching and counselling for young people and in particular those with emotional, behavioural, social or learning difficulties
- Training for young people in anger management, assertiveness, managing loss, change and transition and developing social skills
- Coaching for educational staff on professional challenges and issues
Clients who have previously worked with me
- Are now happier, calmer and more relaxed parents
- Have increased confidence in their parenting skills
- Have greater clarity about their differing parenting roles
- Improved their relationship with their children based on trust as well as better and clearer communication
- Have children with more confidence and self-esteem
- Have children who are able to communicate more effectively and thus establish better friendships and relationships now and later in life
- Have children who are assertive rather than passive or aggressive
How can I get involved?
Coaching and counselling sessions are held over the phone or face to face in a safe environment. A usual format would be 2 x 50min sessions over period of 3 months (6 sessions).
I am open to work with either one or both parents, with children or separately depending on the situation and your specific needs.
Please get in touch for a FREE CONSULTATION where I will talk you through the process and answer additional questions you may have.
Jackie Engelberg MA 079 5645 1767 or email
Training, qualifications & experience
I am a professional coach, trainer and counsellor with over 30 years of experience working with young people and parents: as a primary and secondary school teacher, youth worker, school counsellor and Special Education Needs Coordinator (SENCO).
For the last 10 years I have worked as an associate trainer for KIDSCAPE, the leading charity in the UK on preventing bullying and protecting children. I am also the mother of two grown up children.
My work in schools has enabled me to develop a wealth of experience and expertise in supporting parents through the differing challenges they face such as secondary transition, bullying issues, behavioural problems and social communication challenges.
Additionally, over the last 10 years I have supported parents manage the total spectrum of the area of Special Educational Needs. This has included coming to terms with a range of diagnoses including autism, dyslexia, ADHD, emotional, behavioural and mental health difficulties.
- Professional Coach qualified with the internationally renowned Coaches Training Institute (CTI)
- MA Counselling and Training, Middlesex University
- Diploma Counselling Skills, South West London College
- Diploma in Youth and Community Work, Manchester Polytechnic
- Teaching Certificate
Continued professional training qualifications include:
- Life, Death and Transition, Kubler-Ross Foundation
- Mediation Foundation Training, Family Mediators Association
- Introduction to Dyslexia, Hornsby Institute for Dyslexia
- The Role of SENCO in an Inclusive School, Southwark Education Authority
- Restorative Practices and Approaches-Transforming Conflict Organization
Areas of coaching I deal with
Other areas of coaching I deal with
- Bullying and behavioural problems
- Special educational needs
£60 per session.
Type of session
|Online life coaching:||Yes|
|Telephone life coaching:||Yes|
|Face to face life coaching:||Yes|