Every professional displayed on Life Coach Directory has been independently verified by our team to ensure they have suitable credentials to practise.
This professional is available for new clients.
This professional is available for new clients.
Coaching as a Power Equalizer
My personal journey to becoming a CEO led me to discover my passion as a coach. I want to provide coaching to support you to find your unique solutions towards your goals - be it a promotion, launching your business, succeeding at a big project, all the way to finding more fullfillment at work.
My apporach is for anyone who feels limited by the expectations and cultural norms of the system (e.g. workplace, organisation, environment) they’re in.
🌵 I believe coaching can be a wonderful tool to help us see different options available and find a way that feels authentic and intuitive to our growth.
🌵 I believe that we don’t all need to fit in the box or behave in certain ways to succeed.
🌵 I believe that if we were all given the opportunities to create our paths forward, more diverse talents can reach upwards.
Hi, my name is Iris. I’ve always had an interest in leveling the playing field in businesses and workplaces, particularly for those of us who may consider ourselves as ‘outsiders’ in the system we’re in. It could be due to our background, culture or preferences that led us to feel different and may even feel like we need to alter parts of ourselves in order to succeed.
For me, I have battled the stereotypes of being shy, quiet, too soft, not embodying enough executive presence as an East Asian woman in the UK. They have come in the form of feedback, assumptions, or surprised reactions when I demonstrate that these attributes don’t limit what I can deliver.
Through my own experience of ‘trying to change myself’ to be more effective, I realized that many of these attributes are linked to my cultural upbringing. Within the original cultural context, they would have been viewed as virtues - listen attentively before you speak, stay humble, be considerate of others. It is only when viewed through the lens of today’s competitive business culture that these attributes become ‘lacks’.
Of course, we can’t ignore the context we’re in. What my realization taught me was that instead of me hitting my head against a wall trying to change myself, I would be more successful learning to turn what makes me different into my unique strength.
What will you get from working with me?
We will have 6 sessions of 121 coaching together. Throughout the one-hour sessions, we will cover the following:
- Establish clarity around what is it that you’d like to achieve through coaching
- Whether you have a clear goal or a vague direction you wish to explore, we will build awareness and clarity on this as well as how this may relate to longer term vision you have.
- Explore where you are in relation to your goal / vision
- We will explore what’s present for you, including who you are at this point in life and what factors are impacting how you’re showing up.
- Experiment with new perspectives and approaches intrinsic to you
- Often we are used to seeing or doing things in a particular way because of our past experiences. We will explore what elements are useful and not so useful to you in achieving your goal.
- We may experiment with methods that help you tap into new perspectives and options within.
- Commitment towards action
- Together, we will find a path forward that feels right to you, and commit to tangible actions you can take towards fulfilling your goal(s).
Training, qualifications & experience
- Practitioner Diploma in Executive Coaching, Academy of Executive Coaching
- Certificate in Humanistic Counselling Skills
- Transpersonal Psychology Coaching Certificate, The Alef Trust, UK
- Mindfulness for Professionals, British Mindfulness Academy, UK
Areas of coaching I deal with
£90.00 - £100.00
Free initial online session
I usually start with a free 20 minutes initial consultation to discuss your situations. It’s also a chance for you to see if there’s a good fit between us.
When I work
What other clients have said:
"Iris is a wonderful coach and I highly recommend her service. I received coaching sessions by Iris when I was in transitional period in my life where I needed guidance and support in my own awareness of how I see myself in the world and how I can make myself more visible with my true voice. I particularly enjoyed the meditations we did during our sessions, which gave me a lot of clarity. Iris is a great listener and very in tune with the needs of her coachee. Certainly I will work with Iris again and apply all that I have learned during our sessions. "
"The coaching sessions felt very organic. Weaving in stories, practices and actions. I found it easy to share, which became easier still as time went on. The whole process moved with a transpersonal rhythm and sometimes, deeper insights were found a few weeks after the coaching session. I loved your overall energy. It was calming, open, and non judgmental. You hold space really well and open up doors in a subtle way."