Helen King: coaching start-ups, self-employment, marketing, succession.
Coaching or mentoring with me is underpinned with a business background, 14 years as a psychotherapeutic-counsellor and 5 years as a Professional Coach. I am currently a director of a service company and a financial/investment trustee. Strong on life experience, I am a well-resourced catalyst for your thoughts, goals and actions.
- self-employed ventures - are you going it alone?
- start-ups - focusing on launching the "idea" not getting bogged down in the admin
- marketing communications & strategy - unsure what to do and how to do it? - or even why you need to do it?
- business succession - gaining clarity and making best choices
My aim is to help you get some longevity into your decisions and actions - so that you're not going round in circles or losing focus
My personal style is straightforward and objective. I am known for my fairness and being able to see both the woods and the trees.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Intensive Coaching Course (2018) - PURE Coaching Academy
- Coaching Certificate - Coaching Academy
- Advanced Acceptance & Commitment Training ACT (BPS) - Contextual Consulting/Russ Harris
- Intermediate ACT (BPS) - Contextual Consulting/Russ Harris
- ACT Skills Training (BPS) - Mindfulness Training Ltd
- ACT Experiential (BPS) - Mindfulness Training Ltd
- Trained to Advanced level/MSc in Transactional Analysis Psychotherapy - Metanoia Institute
- Diploma in Transactional Analysis Studies - Middlesex University/Metanoia
- Motivational Interviewing - Kingston Strategic Partnership
- Transactional Analysis/TA 1-2-1 - Metanoia Institute
- Introducing Clients to Mindfulness - Metanoia Institute
- Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) - Kingston Uni/College
- ACT Coaching for Coaches / 1-2-1 - Rich Blonna (USA)
Association for Coaching
The Association for Coaching is one of the leading professional bodies for Coaches and Organisations.
The Association is made up of a number of different membership categories, e.g. Associate Member (AMAC), Member (MAC), Accredited Member (AC Accred), with the different categories standing for different levels of training and experience. Accredited Members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
The Association has a Code of Ethics & Good Practice and a Complaints Procedure.
Areas of coaching I deal with
Other areas of coaching I deal with
Succession Coaching - for those facing difficult choices around corporate sale, succession, legacy.
£75.00 per session
- Initial online info-gathering meeting - 30 mins: Free of charge
- Each 1- hr. sessions = £75.00 per hr (every other week).
- Suggested frequency of sessions: every other week (ie, 2 per month).
Please contact me to discuss mentoring - you may decide to have a couple of coaching sessions first to see if there is a good relationship fit. How we work together as mentor and mentee, is to be developed between us.
Flexible sessions to suit.
I coach online (Zoom or VSee).
Please note (2021): whilst I am an experienced psychotherapist-counsellor, I am not currently working with therapy clients.