Personal Coaching with me is underpinned with a business background, 12 years as a Psychotherapist and 4 years as a Professional Coach. Strong on life experience, I am a well-resourced catalyst for your thoughts, goals and actions.
Specialising in major life hurdles:
- loss of identity and confidence
- career change - changing job, role or becoming self-employed/company ownership
- business succession - gaining clarity and making best choices
- retirement - now what?
- work/life balance.
Sometimes it helps more to look to what you have today - and what you want from tomorrow - rather than digging the past up again and again. Psychological Coaching can help you get some longevity into your decisions and actions - so that you're not going round in circles.
My personal style is straightforward, fair and caring. I do not sign up to the fad of conveyor-belt coaching: filling the diary with as many appointments as possible, ignoring anything emotional - and grasping for the next sale.
There are some conditions that respond better to psychotherapy. I do not coach trauma or disorders such as: Borderline PD, Narcissism, early-stages of Codependency, bereavement...
If you feel you need to talk to a counsellor/psychotherapist, please click this link to my Psychotherapy practice: www.take2therapy.co.uk. Starting the conversation will help you decide whether you need coaching or whether you need therapy.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Intensive Life Coaching Course (2018) - PURE Coaching Academy
- Coaching Certificate - Coaching Academy
- Advanced Acceptance & Commitment Training ACT (BPS) - Contextual Consulting/Russ Harris
- Intermediate ACT (BPS) - Contextual Consulting/Russ Harris
- ACT Skills Training (BPS) - Mindfulness Training Ltd
- ACT Experiential (BPS) - Mindfulness Training Ltd
- Trained to Advanced level/MSc in Transactional Analysis Psychotherapy - Metanoia Institute
- Diploma in Transactional Analysis Studies - Middlesex University/Metanoia
- Motivational Interviewing - Kingston Strategic Partnership
- Transactional Analysis/TA 1-2-1 - Metanoia Institute
- Introducing Clients to Mindfulness - Metanoia Institute
- Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) - Kingston Uni/College
- ACT Coaching for Coaches / 1-2-1 - Rich Blonna (USA)
Association for Coaching
The Association for Coaching is one of the leading professional bodies for Coaches and Organisations.
The Association is made up of a number of different membership categories, e.g. Associate Member (AMAC), Member (MAC), Accredited Member (AC Accred), with the different categories standing for different levels of training and experience. Accredited Members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
The Association has a Code of Ethics & Good Practice and a Complaints Procedure.
Areas of coaching I deal with
Other areas of coaching I deal with
Succession Coaching - for those facing difficult choices around corporate sale, succession, legacy, family fall-out.
Initial 'chemistry' meeting - 30-60 mins: Free of charge
Each 1- hr. sessions = £75.00 per hr (every other week).
Suggested frequency of sessions: every other week (ie, 2 per month).
I coach Face-to-Face Online and, where appropriate (and location allows), Walk and Talk Coaching.