I became a life coach to share my experience. I am a recovered dieter. After thirty-plus years of failure, I jumped off the hamster wheel of endless diets and looked towards my inner resilience and knowledge resulting in weight loss, body confidence and peace of mind. It has changed my life.
Why Work With Me?
I worked as a registered nurse within Intensive Care Units both in the UK and USA for twelve years. Intensive Care Units cater to patients with a severe or life-threatening illness which requires constant and close observation in order to ensure normal bodily functions.
It was whilst working in these departments that I witnessed remarkable recovery and my interest in the mind as the catalyst for recovery began.
I have enjoyed training and coaching in my previous roles, friends seem to come to me for advice, not just about weight but personal or work-related issues. Over the years I have learnt to step back and listen to inner wisdom; to look in a totally different direction for the answers. This approach is very different from my nurse training.
- I appreciate how being uncomfortable in your body affects you’re your whole life.
- I had over thirty years of dieting failure before I found the one solution.
- I know what you are thinking when you debate what to eat and drink on the day of slimming club attendance.
- I know how a loss in weight is a cause for celebration with food.
- I know how a gain in weight is a cause for commiseration with food.
- I know how it feels getting ready for a celebration that you don’t want to attend.
- I know how you pretend to be happy with yourself.
- I know what you are thinking when it’s time to get out the summer clothes and god forbid a swimming costume.
- I know how you feel when clothes shopping.
- I know how it feels to numb with alcohol.
I will not:
- Judge you.
- Ask you to weigh yourself.
- Ask you to follow an exercise plan.
- Ask you to follow a diet plan.
- Give you my full attention.
- Point you in a different direction.
- Help you to see that you have the answers.
- Guide you toward peace of mind and clarity.
Are you ready to invest in yourself, can you commit to being open and curious?
If so you will...
- Lose weight and keep it off.
- See that you no longer need to be a slave to the scales or a diet plan.
- Be confident in your body.
- Have Increased energy.
- Stop feeling like a failure.
- Have renewed enthusiasm for life.
- Have peace of mind.
- Enjoy the journey.
Are you ready to give up EVERYTHING you have ever been told about weight loss and learn from my experience?
Coaching is not therapy; we will not be digging into your past to unearth traumas. It’s a conversation about you and your experience. Each time we speak the conversation unfolds allowing you to explore your beliefs and fears to become aware of the inner guidance that will steer you in the right direction towards a slimmer confident you.
Everyone is different and therefore your coaching programme is tailored to your individual needs and schedule. I can offer evening appointments if required. Coaching is typically by phone or video conference (Zoom).
Before you decide if this is for you and that we are the right “fit” for each other please read my story on my website www.seismicchange.co.uk and ask yourself the following question:
Training, qualifications & experience
- NLP Practitioner and Coach (The Society of Neuro-Linguistic Programming)
- Registered General Nurse (1986 and Active)
- Nurse Manager within Bariatric Surgery
- Training Manager within Medical Company (Acute Division)
- Getting off the dieting cycle after 30 plus years of failed weight loss and finding a solution that works.
Areas of coaching I deal with
Other areas of coaching I deal with
- Inability to sustain weight loss
- Binge eating
- Inappropriate relationship with food
- Poor eating habits
I offer a complementary, no obligation initial consultation (up to 1 hour) so that I can completely understand what you would like to achieve and you can decide when to start this journey of discovery. During this consultation we can discuss and agree fees, my packages are designed to be flexible and my passion is to support you in your weight loss journey and maintenance.
What people say about me:
“Gina’s gift is her ability to connect, at a deeply human level, with the clients she works with. She brings wisdom and common sense to her coaching. She shares a profound understanding of what it takes to move beyond the noisy chatter and endless diets that keep people stuck on the merry-go-round of self-judgement. Gina points instead to the innate well-being, wisdom and resilience that is always there, and the freedom of allowing their body’s natural intelligence to do what it is designed to do.”
Founder and Managing Director
The Heart of Thriving – brought to you by Kaizen Training
"I’ve struggled with bingeing, weight and food issues for as long as I can remember.
When I separated from my husband 4 years ago my bingeing became steadily worse and nothing was working, I was feeling out of control. I was hurting myself and making it worse when I needed to heal and be strong for my daughter.
Enter Gina and her wisdom, her guidance, her compassion and her deeply transformative coaching. I no longer binge and have discovered it’s not about the weight or the food it’s about what’s eating you. Thank you Gina."
"Over recent weeks I have worked with Gina to achieve weight loss and I have. How easy it has been. No deprivation, calorie counting, weekly weigh-in or feeling guilty. Gina is so great to talk to and a good listener. I quickly felt as if I was talking to an old friend and looked forward to our chats.
As a registered nurse and someone with an interest in health and diet, I never thought I would find it difficult to control my weight. But after my third pregnancy, I have seen my weight steadily rise. I had a disciplined exercise routine before my pregnancy but never regained it. I tried different well-established diets and would lose a bit and it would go back on plus more. Efforts at the gym did not return the results I hoped for. Then there would be excuses for not doing something about it, waiting for the right time, date or an event to pass, always putting it off; food a constant companion or comfort.
With Gina, there are no dates or events just chats and thought. Over the weeks I have taken a different and more positive approach to food and this has spilled over into other areas of my life. I sleep better and feel more relaxed.
Thank you, Gina, it has been an amazing journey."
Type of session
|Online life coaching:||Yes|
|Telephone life coaching:||Yes|
|Face to face life coaching:||Yes|
Evening and weekend appointments can be available