(ICF Dip. Coach) | Life/Career Coach for Multipotentialites
Every professional displayed on Life Coach Directory has been independently
verified by our team to ensure they have suitable credentials to practise.
Every professional displayed on Life Coach Directory has been independently verified by our team to ensure they have suitable credentials to practise.
My guess is that you clicked on my profile because you were curious what a multipotentialite might be.
Let me explain.
Have you ever been told that you’re a ‘Jack of all trades, master of none’?
Or asked by those close to you when you’ll ‘finally make up your mind’ about what you will do for the rest of your life?
Have you been described as a quick learner, or feel like you can adapt to any situation you find yourself in?
Do you get a million new ideas a minute, and would love to pursue multiple interests at all times?
Are you virtually allergic to boredom?
Does the thought of staying in the same career until retirement fill you with absolute dread?
These are all signs that you’re a multipotentialite! Welcome to the club. While we are often misunderstood by people who encounter us, we also have superpowers. And those superpowers really rock in the 21st century!
Multipotentialites vary in shapes and sizes, but we have a few superpowers:
- The ability to learn quickly (because we often start new interests, and we were beginners many times before)
- Adaptability – like the ability to learn quickly, adaptability comes from the many beginnings – and because multipotentialites often have to start anew while continuing a number of other interests, we learn how to navigate the new waters quicker than others.
- Idea synthesis – the magical ability that specialists usually lack. Multipotentialites take what we can from our past interests, and can come up with fresh and unique ideas, because we never close ourselves in a box of a single specialism.
- Being the ideas person – multipotentialites never stand still (stillness = boredom = big problem!). As such, we are great at coming up with new ways to do things, and look at the big picture, rather than closing ourselves in on the details.
Why would a multipotentialite need coaching?
So, if multipotentialites have so many superpowers, why would you need my help?
Well, as with anything, where there is an upside, there is also a downside. Multipotentialites often suffer with action freeze (they have so many great ideas that they don’t know what to start and what to leave – basically a supersized FOMO), the fear that they will always be beginners and ‘just average’ at everything (particularly when they’re also perfectionists), finding the right work-life balance between job(s), interests and family/friends, and finding the meaning in their many interests. That’s a lot to handle!
My mission as a coach is to help you uncover your multipotentialite superpowers, and design a life and career that actually caters to who you are, rather than squashing you into boring societal norms that simply don’t work, and will never work, for you. What sounds better – a life that embraces all your interests, skills and experiences you carry with you, or one that makes you pick just one thing, stick to it, and if you change your mind, describe you as fickle?
I’m pretty sure I know what your answer was to this one.
As part of my coaching programmes, we will find out what your multipotentialite hurdles are, and we will tackle them one by one. Then, instead of creating a stiff multi-year plan, we will create a flexible blueprint that you will be able to take out into the world. With me, it’s not just career coaching – it’s whole life coaching. Multipotentialites don’t compartmentalise work and life – it’s all tightly intertwined and work-life balance more challenging, so your blueprint will take that into consideration and be all encompassing. Once we’re done working together, you will have the confidence and motivation to pursue interests in a way that aligns with your multipotentialite type (yes! There are types!), and which can be adapted to life changes as they come along.
In other words, you will change your life. It’s as simple as that.
Why coaching with me?
As a multipotentialite myself, I really really understand what your life has been like up to date. I, too, tried to squash myself into the box of ‘being normal’, and went into a corporate career because that was what everyone else around me was doing. So many people couldn’t possibly be wrong, could they?
Well, it was wrong for me.
What I bring to the table is a unique set of skills and experiences:
- I’m an immigrant, who has experience adapting to new situations many times over, and I will teach you how to do it.
- My degree was in Business Studies, which means I have a broad base understanding of a wide variety of industries and careers.
- I have actually worked in a number of industries – from good ol’ customer service, through marketing, to tax.
- And while we’re at the multiple industries, I worked those jobs at a wide variety of businesses, i.e. I have a good understanding of start-up, family and corporate business cultures.
- And, of course, I’m a coach trained on an ICF-approved course, and I’m about to embark on an ILM Level 5 qualification.
What my clients say:
"What is best about her approach is that Gaby leads you to find your own methods that remain sustainable in your life beyond coaching sessions. It was a great experience at the start of 2021 that set up the pace for my personal development for the entire year.”
"I feel very grateful to have been coached by Gaby. She has taken the time to understand where my interests and values lie, fostering an environment of authentic development. This has allowed me to be honest about the less satisfying aspects of my job, and take meaningful action towards a more fulfilling career.”
"Gaby is warm, friendly and welcoming, instantly making you feel at home within the coaching sessions. I was 100% a sceptic and didn’t believe that coaching would do anything for me. Gaby’s approach to the sessions, her ability to highlight aspects of my own words and then throw them back at me as questions allowed for self-reflection and self-set targets within my personal and professional life. The impact the coaching has had on my life is nothing short of a revelation, with Gaby’s unique and absorbing approach the key reason for my success. I could not have wished for a better result, having set myself a personal target of achieving one of my goals within 12 months, for it to be achieved successfully within 3!!! Thank you Gaby!!!”
Training, qualifications & experience
Birth of a Coach - ICF accredited coach training - Evolution Coaching Academy
BSc Business Studies (1st class) - City, University of London
3.5 years of experience working as a Big 4 consultant
Enhanced DBS checked
Insurance with Hiscox
Areas of coaching I deal with
Free initial online session
I offer a free 30 minute consultation.
My coaching programmes start at £455 for 3 months (instalment payments available)
I am also available for 1:1 staff coaching, talks and workshops - please contact me to discuss details.
When I work
I am available on weekday evenings, and throughout the day on weekends
In my free time, I love to travel (when pandemics don’t stop me!), read (as widely as possible - from romance, through high fantasy, to self help books), and try new foods. I have also recently discovered a love for embroidery, and it occupies my evenings.