I am a certified life coach specialising in two areas:
- Career change and progression, including supporting those considering leaving their corporate life to start a business. Confidence coaching is a key part of this if that is what you are searching for;
- I also coach Founders and their teams to scale start-ups and develop into confident and purposeful leaders.
Over an uplifting coaching journey of at least six sessions, we will find the resolve you need to make clear decisions about your career path going forward, taking control and totally changing your relationship with your work. In a time where the world of work is transforming, this is the time to transform your career and make it work for you.
To following gives examples of what we may cover:
- Forming a clear vision for your life and career - we will restore all motivation, aligning key personal goals with your professional ambitions, we will find a clear understanding of what is meaningful and purposeful to you and discover where your passions lie;
- Conquering the inner critic – develop an awareness and control over your fear and anxiety, freeing you of self-imposed limits and the stress of imposter syndrome;
- Shifting your life/world view – unstick dysfunctional and stagnant modes of thinking, become agile in shifting perspective and expanding your choices;
- Gain clear conscious awareness of your strengths and weaknesses – harness your individuality with pride and confidence, define clear goals for knowledge and skills development;
- Your relationships - your career is built of your relationships, and we can develop your awareness across a range of key skills from systems thinking to compassion and empathy depending on your goals. When considering a total change in career, we will look outside of your workplace, leveraging the power of your network to support your choices, but we will also consider your relationships at home and the impact of change there. This will look to create understanding and open discussion on roles, emotions, values and fears in a supportive interdependant and balanced space;
- Strategy – A career action plan comes from imagining divergent future selves, mapping out clear paths forward, and building experiments to further inform resonant choices. We will also work on clarity in communication when networking, and in interviews, identifying and creating opportunities with ease. We will build you a clear confident presentation to the world – your personal brand!
Business and Founder Coaching
Sessions for business owners and aspiring founders will be a blend of strategic business and leadership coaching, designed around an assessment of the growth stage and leadership development needs. I am competent and experienced in coaching founders and startups at idea and pre-seed stage all the way to Series C and beyond/scaling to £10million+. I have 15 years of experience developing and managing my own technology company prior to coaching.
From a personal development perspective, to give an example, sessions may address any one of the following and ensure you are effectively investing in your own learning as a leader and manager;
- Your development as a resilient and supportive leader, building trust through emotional intelligence and belief in your team, encouraging autonomy, mastery and purpose;
- Your development as an inspirational leader: Obtain true clarity of your purpose, vision, values, and strengths. Outwardly facing, this is central to your organisation’s brand, sales, marketing, and customer service; Inwardly facing, this is essential for staff motivation and commitment. For you, this is essential for your authenticity, alignment and wellbeing;
- [Self] Management / Mindset– maintaining a growth mindset, developing the habits to prioritise, set your own goals, and manage your time effectively; effective communication; positive relationships. Break through limiting beliefs and trust in yourself;
- Team dynamics, communication and performance – including, amongst others, developing standards, setting clear objectives and goals, developing a culture of continuous improvement, understanding communication styles and personality types, dealing with conflict…
I can also support you in all aspects of your business, from defining your business model or developing your value proposition, to optimizing key systems and resources, including people and hiring.
Training, qualifications & experience
- CTI Certified Coactive Coach
- ICF ACC Coach
- Organisation and Relational System Coaching certificate
- ILM Certificate in Leadership and Management – Level 7
- 15 years managment and leadership experience
- Member of the International Coaching Federation
I am capable in several models of coaching, from a standard GROW approach, to the full Co-active model of coaching in which I was trained for a year. On top of this I am competent with Relational Systems (I trained in ORSC) and Constellations, as well as a myriad of other models, techniques and theory including the principles of Positive Psychology/Dickens process/Time to Think/Abundance:Scarcity/non-violent communication/embodiment techniques/improv/personality profiling (Myers Briggs/DISC)/leadership development models/innovation coaching/models of resilience/3Ps/business start-up coaching/business strategy models/power and influence models.
UK International Coach Federation
The International Coach Federation is the professional association for personal and business coaches worldwide.
Coaches can become accredited by the ICF, who have three grades of membership: Associate Certified Coach (ACC), Professional Certified Coach (PCC) and Master Certified Coach (MCC), with the different categories standing for different levels of training and experience. Master Certified Coach's have achieved a substantial level of training and experience.
Members of ICF are accountable to a professional code of ethics.
Areas of coaching I deal with
Other areas of coaching I deal with