David Linford-Smith | Member of the Association for Coaching
Creative Transformational Coach, Mentor & Confidante
I work with creative artists & producers, innovative leaders, business executives and entrepreneurs who are willing to lean into their edge to discover a deeper potential. Guiding you, through curiosity and intuitive awareness, we will create a space to explore thoughts, ideas, instincts and feelings, gaining a rich perspective for achieving boundless potential beyond expectations.
I help people move away from the realm of problems and solutions by developing a deeper understanding of who they really are. When you drop into that richer way of being, amazing things start happening!
I have a long successful career in the creative and communications industries with a more recent transition into psychotherapy and psychology. I work creatively, incorporating a spiritual, yet grounded, energetic level of mindset and insight, providing a meta-perspective to our connection. I have a deep understanding of neurodiversity and enjoy working with atypical thinkers.
Having worked for over 25 in television broadcasting, and with 16 years in the BBC, I combine my passion for all things creative with a background in philosophical and psychological inquiry. Committed to service for the greater good, I have a background of volunteering in health and social care, including the NHS and over 20 years as a member of the International Rescue Corps.
I am passionate about music, art, eastern philosophy, and spirituality.
But what about you?
All I ask is that you are Honest, Open, and Willing to connect and create in a deeply authentic way.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Foundation Certificate in Transactional Analysis Psychotherapy (Level 7)
- Diploma in Integrative & Transactional Analysis Psychotherapy (ongoing)
- MSc Psychology (ongoing)
- Advanced Level Search & Rescue Worker
- BA (Hons) Documentary Production
Association for Coaching
The Association for Coaching is one of the leading professional bodies for Coaches and Organisations.
The Association is made up of a number of different membership categories, e.g. Associate Member (AMAC), Member (MAC), Accredited Member (AC Accred), with the different categories standing for different levels of training and experience. Accredited Members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
The Association has a Code of Ethics & Good Practice and a Complaints Procedure.
Areas of coaching I deal with
Free initial online session
A coaching package includes a 90-minute one-to-one coaching session per week, plus additional support via email or messaging service. I offer bespoke packages tailored to your unique requirements, which we can discuss in a free discovery call and assess our suitability for working together.
I work internationally which means I'm flexible with my availability. Saturday is a workday for me, and will occasionally work on Sundays at my discretion.
- Association for Coaching (AC)
- UK Council for Psychotherapy (UKCP) – UKCP Trainee Therapist (Reg. 2011168271)
- UK Association for Transactional Analysis (UKATA) – Student member
- International Association of Relational Transactional Analysis (IARTA)
- British Psychological Society (BPS) - Student member
- BPS Psychotherapy Section | Crisis & Trauma Psychology Section | Special Group for Coaching Psychology
- British Association for Behavioural and Cognitive Psychotherapies (BABCP)