Hi, it's lovely to meet you. I'm Carys, a Career Happiness Coach & a big believer in living our lives according to who we are and what’s important to us.
In short, I coach people who want more from their job than paying the bills & living for the weekend. I help people who want to change careers and also those who want to feel happier in their exiting roles; whether that's through developing confidence, reducing stress & overwhelm, improving relationships and much more. My work is all about:
- Knowing who you are and when you're at your best, so that you can find work that inspires and energises you
- Knowing what kind of life you want, and what's really important to you, so that you can explore career paths that support these
- Building the confidence and conviction to move forward, in just the right way for you.
I've been coaching since summer 2017. I have a Certificate in Life Coaching from Newcastle College, and a Diploma in Coaching from Warwick University. I've had the pleasure of coaching secondary school pupils and Uni leavers through to career changers and fellow freedom seekers, as well as senior managers and small business owners.
Before I moved in to coaching, I spent 10 years in HR & Recruitment, so I also know all about great interviews & CV's that stand out, and I've seen how people flourish in jobs that actually suit them! I've witnessed time and time again the power of working with personal strengths, cultivating and running great teams and developing confidence.
I know the difference between doing a job just for the paycheck, and doing something that really brings happiness (yes, work can and does do that!). And that's why I'm here doing this, because I'm passionate about helping others find confidence in their existing careers, and also to discover alternative fulfilling careers too.
I work with people face to face (though I haven't for a while of course!), over the phone and over skype/zoom, or any other platform you have a preference for!
Training, qualifications & experience
I've been formally coaching since summer 2017. I have a Certificate in Life Coaching, and a Diploma in Coaching from Warwick University. I also hold a certificate in Performance Coaching and have had the pleasure of coaching secondary school pupils and Uni leavers through to mums, career changers and fellow freedom seekers. I have a thirst for learning (seriously, I'd spend my life at uni or on a course if I could) & have most recently taken a Positive Psychology Foundation Course.
Before I moved in to coaching, I spent 10 years in HR & Recruitment, so I also know all about great interviews & CV's that stand out, and I've seen how people flourish in jobs that actually suit them!
I receive monthly coaching supervision and regularly attend coaching forums because I want to be able to offer the very best coaching experience to my clients and ensure I stay up to date with coaching developments.
Areas of coaching I deal with
Other areas of coaching I deal with
- Career changes
- Career Starters
- Lifestyle changes
- Self discovery
From £125.00 to £495.00
Free initial telephone session
Please coaching options below.
Please note that I work very holistically. You are a whole entire human being after all, not just a job title. Whilst our focus may be your work/career, I believe all areas of our lives have an impact on the others.
6 week Figure It Out coaching plan
This is for you if you're feeling stuck, and clarity is what you need right now. You want help figuring out who you are, what your strengths and interests are and what would light you up.
This session is all about exploration, discovery and definitely clarity.
During this programme I will support, guide and encourage you through:
- getting crystal clear on your personal values (the stuff you care about), your strengths (you already have lots of them) & how you want to live your life
- exploring career options that align with the above (imagine doing work that interests you & that you care about!!)
- developing confidence, working through uneasy feelings that can come with change, & developing your mindset so that you can become your own coach
- planning AND taking action -real steps forward, towards the career & life you want
- finding a way to be happier in your current role, if needed (i.e if it sucks your soul dry!), until you're in a position where you can move on to pastures new
- CV/application and interview preparation as needed (I've got nearly a decade of HR & Recruitment experience too)
- Most importantly, you'll learn how to tune in to what's right for you (and how to get it), throughout the twists and turns of your career (and life) way after our coaching sessions have finished
- X1 - Two hour coaching session so that we can get stuck in right away
- X5 - 75 minute - coaching sessions (depending on location & preference these can be face to face, over the phone, or on Skype/Zoom)
- A pretty little book (& some other little goodies) to record some of your key discoveries, so that you can refer back to it & stay focussed on your goals during & beyond our coaching sessions
- A little bit of independent work - a lot of the magic happens in between sessions & I'll be sharing exercises and tasks which will further encourage reflection & a deeper level of exploration. Expect to commit 60-90 minutes per week for this
- Research - I won't advise or tell you which career path is right for you (only you know that), but I will embark on your research journey with you. I love finding out all about different career options!
- E-mail support throughout - so that if you have any questions, worries or revelations you don't have to wait a whole week to talk them through
- I'll be sharing resources which might benefit you, as well as lots of encouragement, support & inspiration - I will be with you on this journey
Bespoke 2 hour intensive
If you don't feel like the comprehensive 6 week Figure It Out plan is quite right for you at this stage, then maybe a Bespoke 2 hour Intensive session can help?
- Know what you want but need help getting there OR
- Have no idea what to do & just want some clarity & direction OR
- Would like help building your confidence OR
- Want to nail your interviews/applications OR
- There's something else specific you want to work on
During this session we can focus in on whatever area you feel really stuck with or just really need some help with right now.
- Initial call - so that I can understand exactly what the focus is
- Tailored pre-session work so that we can make sure we get the absolute maximum out of this session
- Post-session notes, resources and suggestions for you so that you can keep on track
Happy at Work Bespoke Coaching Programme
If you would love to feel more confidence, less stressed & overwhelmed, deal with imposter syndrome and/or have better working relationships, or anything else at all that contributes to your happiness at work, then we can create an individual coaching plan for you. Prices start from £345 for x4 75 min sessions.
*Feel like you need something else that isn't covered here? Get in touch and we can chat about it.
If the listed times are not convenient I may be able to offer alternatives