Dr Caroline Hough: Life Coach and Mindfulness Practitioner
Hello and welcome.
Are you managing your life, coping or only just surviving?
Would you like to flourish and grow?
Coaching is for everyone who wants to move forward, feel better about their life and reach their potential.
As a former GP, trained life coach and mindfulness practitioner I bring professional expertise but also personal experience of recovery and healing to my work.
Many of us know we help but do not know where to find it. Counselling is for those who see themselves as unwell coaching is for everyone.
Do you need to
- Find a better balance in your life?
- Understand yourself better?
- Increase your self esteem?
- Tap into your inner confidence?
- Reduce your stress and anxiety levels?
- Improve your relationships with family, friends and colleagues?
- Feel more empowered?
- Manage difficult situation more appropriately and effectively?
- Feel better about your yourself and your life?
- Manage your health in a more positive way?
Coaching enables you to raise your awareness of your environment both internal and external this allows you a choice of how to respond rather than react to a situation.
Coaching will help you:
- Build skills to
- Manage emotions and feelings
- Be kind to yourself
- Strengthen your intuition
- Identify repeat patterns of unhelpful behaviour
- Increase resilience and recover after setbacks
- Reflect honestly on where you are and where you want to be
- Accept where you are but try new ways of moving forward
- Explore your dreams
- Improve your relationships both personal and professional
- Feel more in control of situation you are not able to change
- Flourish and have more joy in your life
- Reach your potential
Coaching provides a safe and confidential space to reflect, explore, try new ways of doing things, and hold yourself to account. As your coach I accompany you on your journey, supporting you and helping you find the answers that are within you to unlock your potential. Working in the best way for you and going at your pace ensures you will be able to see things from a different perspective enabling you to make choices and try new ways of being.
I offer individual coaching in London,SE5 and by Skype.
Call 07957294444 for a no obligation conversation about your needs and how coaching will help you.
“Caroline has taken me to a place where I understand myself and manage my emotions better than ever before in my life”.
“Having had some experience of coaching and counselling before (mainly in the work context) I was dubious about whether this could deliver. I also think that mindfulness can have a very ‘hippy’ connotations.
What I actually got was a much more powerful and empowering. It delivered. It empowered me to make differences in my life and gave me the techniques to deal with issues – some of these were very small changes but powerful ones.
Caroline is also a very good and experienced coach. If you are only going to do one coaching in your life this is the sort you want to do and you want to do it with Caroline”.
"Caroline has a natural approach to working with people that is at once nurturing and kind, challenging and stimulating - and, ultimately, empowering and invigorating.Caroline has helped me to tap into my inner confidence and self-belief - as a result of which I find myself taking on new challenges positively rather than fearfully, and reconnecting at a deeper level with the important people in my life - amongst other things!
Put most simply, Caroline has helped me discover a new authentic realm of happiness - and to see life through the lens of bigger and more exciting possibilities for the future".
"I would not hesitate to recommend Caroline as a coach to anyone who values wisdom, intelligence, sensitivity, integrity, humour and an infectious zest for life."
Training, qualifications & experience
I have a medical degree from Cambridge University and post graduate medical qualifications.
I have over 30 years experience as a doctor working as a GP and in Health Screening for a large private provider. I have worked in Occupational Medicine (supporting individuals at work) in the private sector, NHS hospitals and The Department of Health. More recently I have worked in Mental Health as a Governor and consultant at South London and Maudsley NHS Foundation Trust a world famous institution.
My initial coach training was with Animas Centre for Coaching an accredited organisation. I have worked with SLaM Partners, developing a coaching skills course. I value personal development very highly and have regular professional supervision and undertake CPD (continuous professional development).
I have recovered from a serious mental health condition, an experience that has changed me and has added significantly to my ability to support others.The way of working in large organisations contributed significantly to my developing a mental illness. I expected to recover but unfortunately I became worse and learnt to be very ill. Regrettably we learn unhelpful as well as helpful behaviours.
Mindfulness moved me from being very ill to being unwell. When I started to have coaching a psychologist colleague of mine said " ..it was like having rocket boosters put under you." I knew I had found a new way of being and the way that I wanted to work with people in the future. Using the talents I was born with, my expensive education and the extensive experience, gained so painfully when I was very ill and throughout my recovery, my passion is to help you not only to unlock and release the potential within you but also to balance your life and to reach a place where you love the life you are living.
I developed "Aspiring 2 Wellness": a unique blend of mindfulness and coaching from my own experience. After development with doctors at the Royal College of General Practitioners it ran as part of a Masters at The Institute of Psychiatry, Kings College London. The doctors who participated completed a number of validated questionnaires before and after the course in order to measure the changes that occurred.
The results showed
- a decrease in perceived stress, despite a measured increase in perceived workload
- participants reported using what they had learnt to good effect,
- participants reported a trend decrease in depression and increase in satisfaction with life and well-being
- participants highly recommend the course
I trained as a transformational coach with ANIMAS Centre for Coaching and continue my professional development attending courses, conferences and having supervision. CPD (Continuous Professional Development) has always been part of my career.
My clients include everyone seeking to take better care of them self and reach their potential. They come from all walks of life. All that is needed is to be willing to invest in and make a commitment to yourself.
Areas of coaching I deal with
Other areas of coaching I deal with
I have a particular interest in helping
- everyone build personal resilience: the ability to withstand stress and spring back from difficulties
- those seeking to recover from difficulties: Be a survivor rather than a victim.
- those at the top of their stretch zone experiencing symptoms of burnout, anxiety, performance issues and very close to illness.
- those having to manage a long term condition - either your own or family members. Managing health requires working closely with healthcare professionals and I am able to support you to understand options that may be available and so ensure the best possible outcome.
- those managing sickness absence: seeking to recover and return to work or move on in their life
- those stuck in their comfort zone to move forward stretching themselves as they grow and develop, increasing their satisfaction with life.
Fee : Individual coaching £100/hr. Concessionary rate for those earning < £35,000/annum
I offer bespoke packages and workshops for organisations and groups. Please contact me for more information.
As a doctor I was trained and expected to fix individuals, both by patients and by society.
From my experience I now know that none of us is broken and we do not need fixing. Each of us has within us the resources to flourish and be whoever we choose to be. I seek to help you to find and unlock the resources that are within you. You are special and unique.
I have helped many people over my career and I would like to help you. Many clients are aware that they need help but are not sure where to find it. Some have experienced counselling but have found that coaching provides a forward vision and challenge that is empowering and allows progression.
Please feel free to call me on 07957294444 to enable us to explore how we can work together.