Carol Barton - COMPASS GLOBAL LTD
Hi I’m Carol.
I am passionate about helping individuals and organisations to flourish.
I believe we are here for a reason; each one of us has a unique role to play and a contribution to make for the greater good of mankind. Striving to achieve personal goals, purely for the betterment of ourselves, leads to anxiety, fear, pride, comparison with others and ultimately disappointment and failure. Living life from a position of LOVE for others leads to a life of meaning, virtue and true happiness.
It is important that we are able to answer questions such as:
'Who am I?'
'Why do I exist'?
'What do I value most'?
'What is my calling'?
‘How can I find meaning in my life?’
My early career was as a software engineer before moving into project/programme management and senior management roles,with a London based IT company, where I had responsibility for leading national and local government change programs includingimplementation of major policy changes to adult social care for a number of local councils.
I have 20 plus years’ experience of offering spiritual mentoring from a non-religious perspective, including running numerous retreats, courses and serving as director of pastoral ministries for a local church. Throughout most of my adult life I have intentionally adopted a lifestyle that embraces many spiritual disciplines including, gratitude, contemplation, mindfulness, daily spiritual reading, self–examination and forgiveness. Research shows that spiritual practices increase positive emotions and encourage healthy lifestyles(Lomas, Hefferon, & Ivtzan, 2014).
I’ve recently returned to the UK after living abroad for 7 years; 6.5 years in Nairobi and Qatar for 10 months. Whilst living in Nairobi, I focussed on supporting individuals and organizations with a vision to reduce poverty and ensure a more equitable and just society. See www.compassea.com. My client’s include entrepreneurs, senior leaders and ‘world changers’ from the US, East Africa and Europe.
I offer a range of different types of coaching:
Career, Executive, Life, Leadership, Organisational, Spiritual
Coaching conversations with clients often focus around areas such as:
- To find meaning in my life by understanding my calling and purpose
- To achieve greater freedom and confidence by overcoming limiting beliefs
- To know my values and be fully aligned with these in my life and in the work place (e.g. gratitude, tolerance)
- To know my strengths and to be intentional about using them
- To be intentional about how I use my time and what I prioritise in order to achieve a better work life balance
- To consider a change to my career path so that I can integrate my different interests, qualifications and experiences
- Focus on improving work related skills – (e.g. negotiation, active listening, powerful questions, setting boundaries and communication) to increase effectiveness
Please do get in touch if these issues resonate with you.
Training, qualifications & experience
I have more than 15 years coaching experience. My qualifications include:
- 2017 University of East London – Masters in Applied Positive Psychology and Coaching Psychology (to graduate in 2019)
- 2010 Fellow of the Institute of Leadership and Management (FInstLM)
- 2008 NLP Master Practitioner
- 2007 Institute of Leadership and Management - Post Graduate Diploma in Executive Coaching and Leadership Mentoring (Level 7)
- 2006 NLP Practitioner
Areas of coaching I deal with
Photos & videos
One to one online coaching sessions are £85 per hour
First session is free of charge and a sliding scale of discounts may be available depending on circumstances
Fees for organisational programmes and interventions are dependent on requirements
Types of sessions
- One to One Coaching sessions.
- Training and executive coaching programmes for organisations
- Positive psychology interventions and consultancy for organisations including Appreciative Inquiry workshops
- Retreats and training interventions for small groups
• I normally meet clients fortnightly or monthly to suit your needs
• Face to Face sessions available in Herts/Beds
• Online sessions are conducted through Zoom or Skype.
Type of session
|Online life coaching:||Yes|
|Telephone life coaching:||Yes|
|Face to face life coaching:||Yes|