Keith Tanner - Blossom Wellbeing -FREE personal coach to NHS & Frontline staff
Hi, I’m Keith Tanner PhD, a qualified and experienced coach, mentor, tutor, consultant and academic.
Over the past few years, like many others, I have had to struggle with personal and professional issues, good and bad; uncertainty, fear, money worries, stress, relationships, career decisions, bereavement, physical injury, mental health, sexuality and lifestyle choices.
I've worked and coached in a range of sectors including the NHS, social care, local and national government, high street retail, food distribution, schools, colleges, universities, social businesses and charities.
I offer coaching and mentoring on a donation only basis, and for anyone in the NHS or working in frontline services during the COVID-19 pandemic coaching is free.
Many wisdom traditions have influenced how I think and feel, the things I do, and how much more I now enjoy and appreciate the world we live in. This, combined with the professional support of others, has really helped me. The simple things in life are now so much more important, more accessible and more present… most of the time.
From accepting our worries and concerns as a start point for change, to developing simple mindfulness practices, I’ve learnt to live life more fully. Wisdom traditions have taught me that nothing is permanent, that so much is interconnected, and that we can let go of various attachments to find a depth of true compassion and natural joy deep within ourselves, even in difficult situations.
With intention and effort, we can make positive changes to benefit ourselves, others and the planet. Over time we’ll start to see things more as they truly are, break old habits and enjoy a newness of mental and emotional freedom, becoming more of the best we can be.
For me, benefits have included overcoming personal challenges, better dealing with professional issues, improving my emotional, mental and spiritual health and resolving problems with family, friends and colleagues. At one time, several years ago, it may even have saved my life. I am now much more relaxed, content with what I have, happy with how I am, and generally at peace in myself and with the world.
Adopting a wisdom perspective and associated ethics and practice can help us to gain clarity, deeper insight, and a better sense of health and wellbeing for ourselves, others and the natural environment. It will help you to see challenges and changes from a more accepting, balanced and compassionate perspective.
We can begin with a single session, explore your wants and needs, get curious about thoughts, feelings and behaviours and then, if you wish to continue, agree a plan for working together. Blending the wisdom, ethics and mindful practice with coaching and mentoring we can plan your development together.
If you’re looking for help in your life, maybe a calmer mind, a renewed sense of purpose, letting go of life's stresses and strains and maybe finding a greater sense of peace and contentedness then, I am sure, we can work together to help you find it.
May we all be well.
Training, qualifications & experience
- CMI Chartered Business Advisor (2013, Bootstrap, Blackburn)
- Transactional Analysis and Psychotherapy (2012/13 SMCP, Manchester)
- CMI Level 7 Executive Coaching and Mentoring (2012, Bootstrap, Blackburn)
- Post Graduate Certificate in Education (2011, Northern College/Huddersfield University)
- CMI Level 6 Diploma in Business Support to SFEDI Standards (2010, Bootstrap, Blackburn)
- CMI Level 5 in Business Mentoring (2010, Bootstrap, Blackburn)
- Masters in Business Administration/Business Communications (2009, Huddersfield University)
- NLP Practitioner and Master Practitioner (2008, NLP Magick)
- Reiki 1, 2 and Master (2007, Burnley College)
- Emotional Freedom Technique (2006, Shipley)
- NVQ Level 5 Operational Management (2006, Total Management Solutions)
- CIEH Train the Trainer (2005, Burnley College)
- Diploma in Hypnotherapy and NLP (2004, Tara School of Hypnotherapy)
- Diploma in Performance Coaching (2003, NCFE)
- PricewaterhouseCoopers Consulting Skills, e-Learning and Trainer Training (2001)
- Internal auditor training (1999, Blackburn College)
- Recruitment and staff appraisal training (Blackburn College, 1998)
- Doctor of Philosophy/Local Regeneration Strategies (1997, Manchester Metropolitan University)
- Various FE orientated courses in people management, grant funding, bid writing (1993 to 2001)
- Bachelor of Science (1992, Manchester Polytechnic)
Areas of coaching we deal with
I ask only for donations based on what, if anything, you can afford.
Average prices for similar services are often in the region of £50 to £75 an hour.
However, I want to be able to offer help to as broad a community of people as possible, irrespective of location and personal circumstances.
Coaching and mentoring are easily afforded by some, a luxury for others, and maybe beyond the reach of many yet everyone can benefit from what they have to offer.
If you do get benefit from working with me then any donation you can make will be very welcome, but never expected.
Online coaching is offered via phone or video conferencing using FaceTime and Zoom.
Whatever your situation, I'll do my best to help you however I can.
Online 10am to 10pm Monday to Friday
12pm to 6pm Saturdays and Sundays
Other times by arrangement
Blossom Wellbeing, an Edinburgh based social enterprise, also offers commercial services.
Profits are reinvested to help improve the availability of peer coaching and mentoring in the community with a focus on achieving positive change for people and the planet.
Wellbeing assessments for individuals and oranisations
Community coaching, mentoring and wellbeing workshops
One-to-one ILM Coaching and Mentoring qualifications at Level 3, 5 and 7
Business consultancy, training and coaching on wellbeing development at work
Coaching and mentoring for students, staff, senior teams, executives and board members