- Maybe you would like a change of direction but are not sure what or how
- Or you’d like to change unhelpful habits and start making healthier and wiser choices
- Or you’re a bit dissatisfied with the person you’ve become and would like to reflect on what you truly value and what the next step should be
- Or there is something you would like to achieve and find it hard to motivate yourself to do something about it
- Or you are struggling with a difficult decision…
My unique integrative approach blends cognitive-behavioural coaching, counselling and practical philosophy, to help you to get to know yourself better, take stock and start taking practical steps towards goals that genuinely reflect your values. Troubleshooting any obstacles too.
If you choose to work with me, our sessions will be tailored to what you bring. There may be more exploration of what matters to you, or more attention to practical ways of achieving your goals. Normally there has to be a bit of both, as changes need a solid foundation of self-knowledge and authentic values to be lasting.
I see the process as a reflective dialogue in which we are both committed to investigating things with curiosity. For my part, I will really listen to your story and do what I can to help you to:
- understand yourself better
- clarify what really matters to you
- identify what is working and what you would like to change
- challenge the beliefs and patterns that are holding you back
- make choices that genuinely reflect your values
- start taking effective steps towards your goals
- deal with obstacles constructively
Training, qualifications & experience
Member of the Association for Coaching.
I have trained in cognitive-behavioural coaching at the Centre for Coaching. I have also attended a course in advanced coaching at Oxford University department for continuing education. I have training and experience in Solution-Focused Brief Therapy, which in essence is another approach to coaching.
My background is in existential therapy, addiction counselling and philosophy, and I bring all that experience to my coaching work.
Areas of coaching I deal with
£50 an hour in Bristol and on Skype.
Sessions are friendly and confidential, and length and timescale are flexible. A session is usually an hour but can be longer. I can work short term (1-6 sessions) or long-term. A single session can be useful but it will normally take time to grapple with dilemmas, or issues of identity and value. We can discuss all this at the initial session.
As well as jointly deciding on the best way forward, I aim to make the initial session a useful exercise in itself. My hope is that you will have something to take away from it, be it being a bit clearer on the issues at stake, or what the first baby step might look like.
I offer sessions in central Bristol (Colston Street, BS1, close to the BRI and the main bus station) and sometimes in London. I also work on Skype.
Type of session
|Online life coaching:||Yes|
|Telephone life coaching:||Yes|
|Face to face life coaching:||Yes|