Ana Silva - Transformational coach
Hi, I'm Ana
I am a transformational coach, a creativity coach and a leadership coach. It is my purpose in life to empower people through unleashing their creativity and maximising their leadership, and through decades of work as a creative mentor and leader, I have developed many powerful tools to help you connect with your authentic self and feel aligned to create the changes you need to meet your highest purpose.
My style has been described as ‘direct and deep’; I have an instinct to hone in on what people may be resisting and I won't shy away from bringing it forward, so you can integrate your experiences, skills and knowledge to live and work with integrity.
I believe that people are at their best and happiest when they are authentically themselves and that everyone has within the solutions to their own problems. Sometimes ways of thinking get in the way; sometimes particular behaviours may be counter-productive. I create the space for you to step back and reflect, with a challenging but supportive sounding board.
I draw on a wide range of psychological frameworks, using a very strong intuition and relying on my experience to do what works most effectively for the particular client and situation. I always coach the whole person, using an integrative holistic approach- coaching is not therapy, but can be therapeutic, particularly if the right conditions are created.
Get in touch and book a free 90 mns discovery session on my website to try my services.
In this session we will delve into something that is important to you. This session is an insight into what coaching can feel like. You will gain clarity, and insight on a particular issue that you will bring. We will also spend 30 minutes of the session discussing what coaching could do for you and what you want to work towards in your bigger vision. You can then decide if coaching is for you or not.
Three outcomes may come out of a discovery session:
1. We are a good match and we decide to work together. Great!
2. You gain a good insight and you decide that is enough. Fine!
3. We get to know each other but we realise I'm not the right coach for you so I will refer you to someone else better suited to work with you. No time wasted!
I work with individuals and groups. In particular my clients are:
- Artists- some emerging, some more established
- Freelancers, and entrepreneurs in the creative industries- in theatre, film and the performing arts, in writing, fashion, television, animation, illustration, advertising, marketing and design.
- Creative directors and their teams, who want to make a difference and have a sense of mission and a greater purpose
- Headteachers and senior leaders in the educational sector
- Women in leadership roles
- Anyone else who wants to make a difference in their own life and in the life of others
Why work with me?
Work with me if you are ready to:
- clarify your goals to reach the next level
- release your limiting beliefs and fully trust yourself
- find your deepest purpose and authentic meaning
- develop the resilience needed to keep at it
- gain the confidence to step out of your comfort zone
- unblock your creative blocks, stop procrastinating and step up to meet your true self
- be part of the tribe who invests in their personal growth to live wholesomely
Training, qualifications & experience
With an MA in Performance Studies and a Post Grad in Education and over 15 years experience working in the creative arts and in the educational sector, coaching, mentoring and advising has always been at the forefront in various ways.
Alongside coaching my private clients I support and advise in school improvement for a variety of schools who are on a journey of improvement. I also facilitate group workshops using acting and drama as a vehicle for transformation, healing and expression. I facilitate workshops to build leadership teams through group coaching and drama.
My qualifications are:
- Accredited Diploma in Transformational Coaching - Animas Centre for Coaching
- Qualified Teacher Status- Post grad in Education
- National Professional Qualification in Senior Leadership- National College for Teaching and Leadership
- BA(Hons) Acting and MA (Performance Studies)
What my clients say:
"Since I started coaching I have more self-confidence, gratitude and focus. Coaching has allowed me to focus on my goals and given me the extra boost in confidence I needed to pursue them. It’s also given me an opportunity for self-reflection and to notice where I’ve been tripping myself up in the past. Sometimes I’d come into a session believing one thing and by the end of the session my mind had been completely changed. That was challenging but exciting. Ana is patient, attentive, professional and incredibly intuitive. Having an hour or so every couple of weeks to talk through any problems I’m facing or any goals I want to achieve has been really worthwhile. We’re not often given the opportunity to just talk through what’s in our heads and I’ve really enjoyed doing that. The coaching space is 10/10 - comfortable, clean and cosy. I’m really happy with the sessions and have gained so much from them. I could talk to Ana all day long." Natasha Simone- Actress and Playwriter
"I have gained a lot from coaching: new perspectives on some of my established thought patterns about my life situation; clarity on areas I felt somewhat lost or disengaged from in my life and a better overview of different areas of my life, where my priorities lie and what to focus on going forward.
The sessions with Ana have helped me get rid of, or at least quieten, limiting beliefs about my practice, self-worth, career etc., which ultimately increase my confidence. Ana challenges me to reconsider terms and concepts I use regularly in a new light. She asks questions which can be, at times, somewhat uncomfortable because they encourage me to step outside of my comfort zone.
Ana is very holistic and it’s clear that she brings a well-rounded experience of different tools and techniques to the coaching sessions.
She is very firm, professional and sharp, and at the same time has a warm and welcoming nature."
Julie Havelund- Dance Artist
"I am definitely not exaggerating when I say that Ana's help through her life coaching sessions has literally changed my life in many positive aspects...I often felt frustrated and anxious and would always blame my past and childhood experiences for it. After my first hour at Ana's studio, I knew I had to come back. This one first hour with her was absolutely incredible. I came in like an empty frustrated dark box full of anxiety and hidden fears and left feeling like a walking rainbow...In the past I visited a few therapists but I would always end up repeating myself, blaming others for my misery and never finding the root nor the solution for anything. Ana surprisingly recognised patterns, frustrations and issues I was having and by using her direct, honest and precise techniques she challenged me and helped me finding the answers to many questions I had been ignoring that were of great importance for evolving as a human and artist."Andrea Bonilla- Writer
"Coaching has given me much more self-assurance, clarity and focus in my career aims and direction; it has also given me ideas and methods to shape where I go next and how to achieve it. Ana has shared practical day-to-day knowledge that enables the best version of me, and my practice, to happen. I can now imagine my life growing and blossoming into how I envisioned it to be, whereas previously I wished for that, but had no concrete ideas or methods to manifest it. Ana can be challenging and interrogative without being antagonistic, she is supportive and uplifting– being coached by her has enabled me to grow and sustain self-confidence. I found the coaching programme motivating and encouraging. I went in not knowing what to expect and have come out of the other side with so much benefit from it! I had a challenging and wonderful enlightening experience."
Alex Marlow- Actor
Areas of coaching I deal with
Other areas of coaching I deal with
Photos & videos
3 Months Partnership (6 sessions) from £450
This is a good format to help you gain momentum and reflect on your progress. You will be able to learn key tools to support you implement the changes you want to make and create a lasting impact. This is a good length of time to develop clarity on the vision of what you want to create and most importantly connect with why you want to create, and what is stopping you from doing it- I’ll be with you all the way.
6x 60 mins sessions face-to-face (£75 a session) or
6x 90 mins sessions (£100 per session) plus benefits:
- email correspondence and follow up
- what's app chat to exchange ideas and insights
- Access to a Facebook members group
6 Months Partnership - best value package- from £840
Unlike other coaching programmes, the Metamorphosis coaching programme is designed specifically for all creatives, independently of their creative practices: writers, performers, painters, musicians, illustrators, designers, animators, directors- we don’t focus on form, we focus on essence - your essence. This programme is bespoke specifically to those artists who are seeking to create more of their own art.
The benefits of this programme are:
- Ongoing support via email and what’s app communication in between sessions
- Ongoing homework to develop creative habits
- Access to a Facebook members group
Accountability tracker on your creative progress
12x 60 mins sessions face-to-face (£70 a session) or
12x 90 mns (£90 a session )
How I can help:
I have successfully coached clients who wanted:
- To have a soundboard to their projects and accountability measures
- To deepen their artistic practice
- To find a starting point and beat resistance and procrastination
- To develop the resilience to keep at it
- Clarity on the next steps in their career and how to go about making 'it' happen
- To know how to prioritise, organise, schedule and action plan
- To develop a strategy and the tactics to be financially secure
- Clarity on the vision of the life/ project they are creating
- To step up and gain visibility and overcome self-limiting beliefs
- To feel inspired again and get their mojo back
- To find meaning in their work and life
- To defeat the self-critical voice and reconnect with their purpose
- To overcome the fear of rejection and the need for external validation
- To cope with press and multimedia pressure, and with being constantly on the spotlight
- To create healthy intimate relationships
- To better manage their emotions
- To develop self-care and balance
- To manage stress and anxiety
- To be generally happier in a world of noise and confusion and find a space of reflection
- To gain a better awareness of their spiritual path
Type of session
|Online life coaching:||Yes|
|Telephone life coaching:||No|
|Face to face life coaching:||Yes|
I am located between Hoxton and Haggerston Overground stations, 10mns from Liverpool Street Underground. Cycle friendly.