Amy Searle MSc, BAHons. Family and Parenting coaching and support.
How I work
I will not judge or make assumptions, I will work to help you achieve your goals and build your confidence . I will be open, honest, compassionate and build a working relationship with you that can support positive change where it is needed. I will advocate for you and your family, helping you feel secure in the decisions that you have made.
I work flexibly and understand the pressures of family life as I also juggle this myself. I can be creative in how we communicate - online/phone/in person. The sessions can range from signposting, a short piece of focused work to ongoing planned support.
Any plans that we make can be made accessible to anyone that needs to use them so can be written, visual or audio based.
With the work I have done throughout my career, I can draw on experience and knowledge of working with many different families. I ensure that I am keeping up to date with research, developments in relevant fields and new ways of working with families. I also understand on a more personal level through parenting my own children and stepson. I have gained a vast amount of experience in helping and supporting other families to achieve and maintain positive parenting.
I bring my knowledge of therapeutic interventions, crisis management, attachment, parenting techniques, feeding and weaning, child development, mental health, the education system, routines, boundaries, special educational needs as well as extensive knowledge of local services and resources to any work that I would do. Each family has their own individual needs so we will aim to build a good working relationship so that we can make an effective plan for the way forward. I will enable you to find the answers and solutions to whatever problem, dilemma or worry you're struggling with. This process is all about collaboration and what we can do together.
I believe a happy home means children can thrive and when children thrive great things can happen. Sometimes we all get a bit lost on our parenting journey and it is difficult to find your way when we are feeling overwhelmed.
My mission is to help you to improve your family life, to help you find new ways of doing things or better ways of doing what you already do. I hope to help you find serenity and balance in your life.
We would talk on the phone about your situation and what support you are looking for. This might include asking lots of questions and then deciding if we felt we could work together. There would be a discussion about logistics such as where the sessions would be, when and for how long. I can email out detailed information and more questions so that I can get to know you and make the most of our time together. Plans can be adapted and we can have regular reviews of what you need.
Training, qualifications & experience
- BA Hons Creative Expressive Therapies, specialising in Drama therapy
- MSc Social Work
- 18 years experience of working with vulnerable people, families who are struggling and children in the care of the local authority
- I have worked with many teenagers and have a great wealth of knowledge about caring for and parenting them
- I have worked with teenagers around safe relationships, sex, drug and alcohol use and family conflict
- Personal experience of the complexities of a blended family and ways of improving relationships
- Vast knowledge of attachment and I work in a way that promotes secure attachment and bonding with our children
- I have counselling skills and this regularly underpins the work that I do
- Studied and practiced motivational interviewing
- I work in a solution-focused way so aim to identify goals and work out steps to achieve these
- I have a good understanding of child development, therapeutic resources, and techniques that can help children overcome trauma
- I understand different systems and have extensive experience in trying to get the right type of support in place, and how to access what a family needs.
- I have experience in supporting parents to deal with challenging and disruptive behaviour
Association for Coaching
The Association for Coaching is one of the leading professional bodies for Coaches and Organisations.
The Association is made up of a number of different membership categories, e.g. Associate Member (AMAC), Member (MAC), Accredited Member (AC Accred), with the different categories standing for different levels of training and experience. Accredited Members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
The Association has a Code of Ethics & Good Practice and a Complaints Procedure.
Areas of coaching I deal with
I offer a free 20 mins phone call/facetime so we can discuss what your looking for and decide if what I am offering is what you need.
My sessions can be gifted, vouchers can be available.Please look on my website for more information about costs.