Amy Metson (MAC, ICF Dip.Coach) - Confidence, Personal Development Coach
I specialise in helping people who have the tendencies to please others (more than themselves) and over-give to become responsibly selfish. Because that’s when you get to strike a balance between caring for others and honouring your needs too.
- Let the fear of displeasing and disappointing people drive your behaviour and decisions?
- Feel like you are dragging around the weight of your past, others expectations, judgement, and responsibility?
- Keep avoiding those difficult conversations, suffering in silence, and letting the pressure build up until you can’t take it anymore?
- Look for approval and reassurance from others?
- Forsaking your needs and feeling for others and then feel frustrated when they don’t do the same for you?
- Keep saying yes and then feeling your heart sink?
- Feel stuck and unfilled?
- Numb your pain and difficult emotions with things that feel good temporarily and spend your hard-earned cash on quick fixes that don’t actually solve the problem?
- Feel lost, like you don't even know who you are anymore?
It doesn't have to be that way. I know because these were my struggles too and I've learned how to do it differently.
But here’s what I want you to know. I’m not special. Neither are my clients (although they are pretty awesome). We are just regular people who want more than to live in fear of displeasing and disappointing others, and work ourselves into the ground doing things that drain the joy from our soul! We all started with fears and doubts. And yet, we’ve all made changes in our lives that bring us more happiness and fulfilment, simply because we decided to take the leap.
And if it’s possible for us, it’s totally possible for you too!
Are you ready to make yourself a priority and give yourself the time and attention you so easily give to others?
Good! You’ve found the right place.
Book a FREE 60-minute complimentary coaching session via my website.
You don’t have to know how to change the things that are making you unhappy. Wanting to change is enough, and coaching with me will help you to figure the rest out.
I promise there will be zero obligation or pushy sales patter – the aim of the session is for you to experience coaching with me and leave with more clarity about whatever you are struggling with along with some next steps to help you to start moving forward.
Training, qualifications & experience
- ICF approved diploma in Transformational Coaching
- Member of the Association for Coaching (MAC)
- Certificate in Emotional Intelligence Coaching
- Certificate in Group Coaching & Facilitation
- Certificate in work-life balance coaching
- Certificate in Positive Psychology
- Certificate in Confidence Coaching
- Fully insured
- DBS and ICO certified
- Certified to use DISC Personality Profiling
- Yes Futures coach
- CMI Diploma in Management
- Prince2 Project Manager
- Over 20 years of experience working for large organisations in people and project management positions
I am certified to use the DISC Personal Assessment tool, which helps you to understand your personality to get ahead in your career, to communicate better in your relationships and to understand your personal patterns of behaviour.
Prior to becoming a full-time coach, I worked for many years in the corporate world in people and project management positions. I continue to support people in the business world, running coaching programmes and training within organisations.
"I'd 100% recommend you. It has been the best thing I have done with regards to my mental wellbeing. These sessions have not only benefited me when it comes to my career but on every other level as well".
"Wow, what a journey! Coaching helped me to understand myself and work better with the people around me. The tools you gave me to address conflict enabled me to connect with my colleagues in a more professional manner.
I have learned not to take on everyone else's problems - I can still support them, but without climbing into their issues. I now take power in my own capabilities instead of comparing myself to others and I have been promoted!
Figuring out the changes I needed to make has freed up headspace to focus on what's important - my happiness. My self worth and confidence has grown and I can't express enough how the sessions really helped change my whole outlook on life."
“Working with Amy has been amazing. I instantly warmed to her from the first moment we met and also trusted her implicitly, which allowed me to be very open and honest. I walked away from each session feeling that the load was lightening and honestly feel better now than I have for years. This has had such a positive impact on every aspect of my life”
"You helped me think out loud on a lot of issues and I achieved some new insights and clarity I had never before had. I have gained insights into why I have previously behaved in certain ways, which is enabling me to power through things that have previously held me back. It has been really good to have somebody outside of the business to talk with and bounce ideas off”
Find out more about what my clients say at www.amymetson.com/praise
Association for Coaching
The Association for Coaching is one of the leading professional bodies for Coaches and Organisations.
The Association is made up of a number of different membership categories, e.g. Associate Member (AMAC), Member (MAC), Accredited Member (AC Accred), with the different categories standing for different levels of training and experience. Accredited Members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
The Association has a Code of Ethics & Good Practice and a Complaints Procedure.
Areas of coaching I deal with
£150.00 per session
Free initial online session
I offer a complimentary coaching call via FaceTime, TEAMS, or Zoom to explore what is going on for you and how I can help. This gives you an opportunity to meet me, ask any questions, and experience working with me.
Working with me:
- We’ll start with a deep dive pre-coaching questionnaire before our first session so I can tailor your sessions just for you.
- You’ll get two 90-minute deep-dive coaching calls per month.
- The magic happens in the space between our coaching sessions, so I’ll be giving you actions, exercises, tools, and techniques to reinforce what we cover in our sessions together and keep you moving forward towards your goals.
- I will be your confidant, professional listener, thinking, and accountability partner throughout our time together, guiding you step by step through a personalised process to help you get from where you are to where you want to be.
- You will get unlimited support and cheerleading from me over email so we can troubleshoot and celebrate each step you take in honouring yourself and your needs.
£300 per month.
There is a minimum commitment of 3 months but once that’s over, you can stay with me as long as you like or you can cancel any time.
If that sounds of interest, pop on over to my website and book your complimentary coaching session. I can't wait to meet you!
I am as flexible as possible to meet your needs. Evening appointments are available on request.