Alison Muir - It's time to feel excited about life again
I'm Alison. and I know life doesn't always turn out how we planned, and sometimes we can end up feeling stuck. I've been helping people like you figure out their next steps for more than 20 years.
Most of my clients are at a crossroads. Usually, something in their intended future has shifted - and they're coming to terms with a "new normal". Or sometimes it's simply that they've spent most of their lives putting other people's happiness ahead of their own, and feel they don't know who they are anymore. Either way, I help them clarify their thinking, focus on what really matters and take positive action in the right direction. I also help them let go of feeling guilty about wanting more from their life.
You don't need a particular goal in mind, in fact, most of the time the goal is simply to stop feeling like you're feeling! My coaching is aimed at helping you be more "you". In simple terms, we look at what's most important in your life and how you can achieve more of it. All you need is an open mind and a willingness to move forward.
The sessions are structured around your priorities at the time and our discussions will evolve as you progress. It's a calm, positive and encouraging space where you'll be listened to and supported to find the best course of action for you.
Work with me if you want to:
- Explore the future in a positive way
- Define a clear direction that reflects your values
- Regain a sense of who you are
- Feel confident and re-energised about the path ahead
I can help people who:
- Have experienced an unexpected change in their career or relationship
- Are facing difficult health challenges
- Suffer from low confidence or self-esteem
- Feel weighed down by responsibilities
- Know they are worth more but are not sure what to do about it
- Have been bereaved and haven't yet found a way to move forward
- Are feeling lost or that they're living a "half-life"
I offer a free no obligation "Future Self Call" where you get to tell me your current challenges, what's missing for you right now and how you would like your future to be. During the call, I will answer any queries or concerns you may have, and we can decide if I am the best coach for you.
I coach worldwide via Skype (phone or video) and face to face in Somerset and surrounding areas.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Accredited Diploma in Transformational Coaching
- Accredited Certificate in Group Coaching & Facilitation
- Certificate in Somatic Coaching
- Accredited Certificate in Existential Coaching
- 8 week Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction
- Certified Meditation and Mindfulness Teacher
- Level 3 Pilates Matwork
- Intermediate Matwork
- Advanced Matwork
- Standing Pilates
- Pilates with the Thera-Band
Leadership / Team Development:
- Bestfoods UK Ltd - Leadership 2000
- Innocent Drinks - Leadership Challenge
- Lindt & Sprungli UK Ltd - Emerging Leaders Programme
- Bereavement Support Foundation Course
- Postvention: Assisting those Bereaved By Suicide
- Level 2 Mental Health Awareness
- Applied Suicide Intervention Support Training
Areas of coaching I deal with
Other areas of coaching I deal with
**Free No Obligation Future Self Call**
Individuals - 8 x 1hr sessions on a fortnightly basis
Please contact me for current fees.
Groups - Purposeful Planning workshops - value-based annual planning with a whole life approach
Please contact me for upcoming dates, locations and prices.
"I am a new person, Alison helped me focus on what was really important to me, gave me the confidence to make a really big decision and gave me my life back. I can now see the wood through the trees, plan better and am back in control. Alison is so highly recommended I cannot thank her enough for helping me realise that I didn’t need to walk away from everything I loved but just to realign and recognised what was truly important to me."
"Alison has given me an inner strength that l had previously lost. I now feel equipped to open up my life to new possibilities, which is a huge step forward. Alison was always non-judgemental, totally confidential, putting me at ease and really listened to me."
"Alison has been instrumental in holding my hand throughout my exploration of the future and supporting me whilst making sure I understood the decision I was making."
“My sessions with Alison were great. She was detailed and dedicated to her work with her client. She is very skilled and I am truly grateful for the help and support she gave me to work through some difficulties I face.”
“From our first meeting Alison really made me think about what I wanted to address. She has helped me rebalance important relationships. She has helped me structure my goals in an achievable way. She has helped me focus on things that really matter to me. I feel that I have a better and more positive sense of direction now. I’ve certainly grown in confidence in my own abilities and self worth.”
“Alison is an extremely skilled and refreshing life coach whose smart use of questioning techniques helped facilitate my thought process and empowered me get to know myself and my personality. Throughout our dynamic dialogue, she gave me challenge, support, motivation and hope.”
“Alison is skilled at asking questions to get to the root of things. She is also very perceptive and through her questions can help you draw out important thought patterns and blocks, which can help you shift and create change.
Alison’s coaching style is sensitive and non-judgemental. I found this subjective approach very useful; she doesn’t tell you what to do or think and remains quite detached in a way, which helps you to come to your own conclusions. This emphasises that it is you who has to make the changes!”