I have been a Performance Coach for over fifteen years which includes my time as a Royal Marines Commando. Alongside this role, I created Hungry4Fitness (https://www.hungry4fitness.co.uk) a website dedicated to fitness, health and training advice.
My primary objective as a Performance Coach is to empower the client so that they can take charge of their own lives leading ultimately to positive changes in behaviour. I provide support and guidance through every stage of the transformative process whilst endeavouring to cultivate self-efficacy, develop essential life skills and exchange functional knowledge.
My area of expertise is centred on supporting individuals who are struggling to implement and maintain lifestyle improvement initiatives. This could include, for example, developing healthier dietary habits, creating and implementing an exercise programme, enhancing general motivation and/or working towards personal aspirations.
The coaching approach I adopted is solution-focused which incorporates a multimodal blend of behavioural strategies making for a service tailored to each client’s personal needs.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Diploma in Coaching
- Level 5 Preparing to Teach in the Life Long Learning Sector
- Level 3 Certificate in Teaching in the Life Long Learning Sector
- Advanced Level 3 Personal Trainer
- Advanced Level 3 Nutrition and Circuits
- Level 2 Gym Instructor
- Level 2 Circuits
European Mentoring and Coaching Council
EMCC UK is part of the Europe-wide European Mentoring & Coaching Council.
Together their aim is to promote good practice and the expectation of good practice in mentoring and coaching across Europe.
EMCC is an independent, impartial and non-profit making organisation.
Areas of coaching I deal with
Other areas of coaching I deal with
- Founder of Hungry4Fitness, a website dedicated to disseminating exercise and training knowledge: https://www.hungry4fitness.co.uk/
- Published author of Hungry4Fitness Book of Circuits (Volume 1)
- Published author a personal financial management book
I am able to offer appointments on weekday evenings (Mondays to Thursday 5.15 pm to 8.15 pm), all day Friday and Saturday mornings (9.00 am to 12.15 pm).
Specialist areas of focus:
- Develop positive behavioural change strategies
- Nutritional advice and dietary reform
- Creating and implementing a personalised exercise regime
- Managing weight
- Health screening (health MOT)
- Lifestyle analysis
- Motivational coaching
- 8/10/12-week exercise programs
- Achieving ambitions
- Weight/health matters
- Long term health condition
- Work/life balance
- Time management
- Personal development
"I came to see Adam to help me with lifestyles changes. I was impressed with the amount of knowledge and free resources that he gave me to help with my progress. I can honestly say I can't rate him high enough. I am now in a much better place with lifestyle interventions which I can continue to build on. Thank you Adam for showing me a different path :)" Amanda T
'After struggling for a long time with a lack of motivation and feeling stuck in my life I decided to seek help. Adam helped me work through these areas whilst using an holistic approach. I now have the knowledge and confidence of how to work through any future difficulties' TF