Abi Boughton-Thomas BSc FCTC PGDip
I have a passion for working with people who are struggling with anxiety, helping them create an inner safe space, freeing them to do their best thinking, build confidence and grow personally and professionally.
Most clients come to me with a desire for clarity. That lack of clarity is often accompanied by frustration, overthinking, low mood, often accompanied by persistent physical symptoms. What we create together is calm, and choice – choice to decide on new directions, to change habits, to enjoy the journey.
I have worked successfully with a wide range of clients including people off work with stress, people trying to get projects off the ground, small business owners, frontline and strategic NHS staff and charity management professionals.
I am constantly growing as a coach, through training, responding to client feedback and engaging in professional supervision in order to provide you with a skillful, ethical and evidence based coaching service.
'Contagiously calm', 'utterly reliable and professional', 'kind and supportive', 'organised and methodical'
'I was feeling thoroughly overwhelmed when I started working with Abi. Life was busy, work was busy, I was running around all the time but getting nowhere! Abi helped me to stop and breathe; to focus on what is really important and to set new priorities and boundaries. I now have a plan and the confidence to stick to it… and to say ‘no’ when something doesn’t fit. Life is still hectic, but Abi has helped me to develop the skills and confidence to deal with it more calmly and with good humour. It sounds trite but she has honestly changed my life'.
Training, qualifications & experience
* FCTC Fusion Certified Therapeutic Coach and Mindfulness Based Mind Management Trainer (2018), Integrated Coaching Academy
* MSc Applied Positive Psychology and Coaching Psychology (complete to PGDip level 2018; due to finish research in 2020), University of East London
* CertHE level Integrative Counselling, Birmingham University
* INLPTA certified NLP Practitioner, Training Changes
* BSc Speech & Language Therapy & post basic dysphagia training, Birmingham City University
- 300hrs plus coaching related training and experience
- Delivering wellbeing interventions in primary care settings, working with clients with mild to moderate mental health issues
- Applied positive psychology training to counseling agencies
- Membership engagement lead for the Association of Integrative Coach Therapist Professionals
Areas of coaching I deal with
Photos & videos
Free 30 minute consultation - by phone, video call or over coffee in Malvern.
£65 per hour, or book a package at a discounted rate: 3 sessions for £180 or 6 sessions for £360.
I also offer a range of discounted tailored sessions (see my website for full details):
- Kickstart a project - Do you have a book in you waiting to be started? A new creative project? A business idea? In this half day session, you will have the opportunity to set short term and long term goals, consider obstacles, gather resources, plan self-care, map a timeline and create an action plan.
- Health & Wellbeing Habit Hacking - This morning session is constructed to give you time to build clear picture of the lifestyle you want to create for yourself, and reconnect with your strengths so these can be leveraged to help you reach your goals. We will also look at what can go wrong, and how that fits with what research teaches us about successful habit change.
- Life crafting -This is a morning to step back and look at your life as a whole. What works? Where are the areas of dissatisfaction? Where would you like like to start making small adjustments, or big courageous changes to increase your levels of meaning, well being and joy?
- Connect with your strengths - This session is perfect for building awareness of your strengths prior to an interview, or life transition. You will leave with a clear perspective on your character strengths, where you are using them to good effect, and what you may be doing when you overplay your strengths.
- Managing challenging situations - We all get stuck sometimes, feel like we are circling a problem but not making any progress. This session is an opportunity to view if from different perspectives, to look at how your thoughts, emotions and actions may be contributing to your experience, and how you can adjust your response to give you a greater sense of choice and empowerment.
- Wellbeing at work - This session is aimed to help you create a personalised action plan to boost well-being at work, and other areas of life. It requires you to fill out a pre-session questionnaire underpinned by psychological research that produces a report that will form the basis for our discussion. It would particularly benefit those experiencing workplace stress or anxiety, and would be an interesting way to build self awareness and clarity prior to an appraisal, return to work interview or discussion with employers about workplace adjustments.
NHS and low wage concessions available.
- Fusion Mindfulness Based Mind Management Course – this course is designed to run over 8 evenings, and is a blend of mind management strategies and meditation techniques
- Fusion Breakthrough Training – a one day group coaching to teach mind management strategies for effective anxiety and stress reduction, and set balanced goals to meet emotional needs
- STOP system ™ training – a brief training to teach a powerful mindfulness based emotional self-regulation tool
- Understanding wellbeing
- Positive psychology interventions to boost wellbeing
- Creative coaching techniques
- Practical strategies for managing stress and anxiety
- Wellbeing at work
- Shaping habits
- Goal setting
- Self coaching groups
Type of session
|Online life coaching:||Yes|
|Telephone life coaching:||Yes|
|Face to face life coaching:||Yes|
Available on Mondays and Thurdays (including evening appointments), and at weekends. Other timing can be negotiated for clients booking a coaching block.