Your unique coach
When you Google the internet you may simply enter life coach or personal coach. You might be looking for a coach who will help you deal with a specific area of your life such as business or confidence.
It’s important to understand that once you’ve defined what you are looking for there really is only one thing of key significance at this point and that is the skill of the individual coach you choose. I say skill above qualification because although professional training is quite rightly necessary, as is insurance so please do ask, every single coach is a unique human being who needs to be skilled to deal with other unique human beings. One size coaching models do not fit all.
The key skills of a great coach are:
- Knowledge of their chosen field or fields.
- Skilled language moves you forward and supports you.
- You have a trusted advisor.
- You hear the truth.
- You feel heard.
- You are treated with respect and kindness to reach your aims or goals.
- They keep your confidence.
- Egos stay out of the session, its about you not them.
- They care about your final outcome.
When you work with a coach it’s all about the skills they have to really help you. It’s about the human being who truly wants the best for their clients. Remember that every coach is unique so do take your time to choose.
Life Coach Directory is not responsible for the articles published by members. The views expressed are those of the member who wrote the article.