What if you had some life rules?
10th January, 20180 Comments
Written by: Rosemary Graham
To have a list of rules can be a helpful guide and reminder in life and can keep you on track no matter what is going on in your life. You’ll be amazed at how much more organised you will be. Satisfaction levels will be higher as you leverage your life. New vistas will come into place.
The things included in this list can make your heart sing and help you to gain personal confidence and to help yourself become a greater you, more empowered, open and aware and ready for anything that comes up.
Rules For Yourself
1. Make my bed every day, even if I slept elsewhere.
2. Find my tribe and love them unconditionally. True friends are a gift.
3. Travel lightly through each day.
4. Keep only what you need.
5. It’s okay to cry when you’re hurt. It’s also okay to get angry but don’t hold grudges. Let all wrong thoughts just diminish and float away.
6. If you’re going to curse, be careful where, of what you say, to whom and where.
7. Seek out the people and places that resonate with your soul.
8. Just because you are able to it doesn’t mean you should.
9. Do something you enjoy every day which is harmless and feeds your soul.
10.Remember that happiness is not a permanent state. Wholeness is.
11. If you’re staying more than one night, unpack your bag.
12. Never walk through an alley.
13. Be less sugar, more spice, and as nice as you’re able to without compromising yourself.
14. Everything and anything is possible. Get up and try. Success can come fast. ?15. Have heroes and role models. Ted Talks have Amazing Folk expressing their part wisely.
16. Smiling is so important. If you can’t smile with your eyes, don’t smile.
17. HUG authentically full arm, full circle, put some strength in it. Be sincere.
18. Never lie to yourself as you will trip up if you do.
19. Your body is yours to honour and use properly. Let it be your temple.
20. If you have an opinion, you must be able to back it up with good reason.
21. Find your passions and use them.
22. Ask for what you want. Don’t be worried about saying no.
23. Make wishes in the moonlight and then get to work to make them happen.
24. Fall in love often appreciating culture and ideas. Art, music and literature have brilliance.
25. Fall hard and forever in love with yourself.
26. Say please, thank you, and pardon me, whenever the situation warrants it.?
27. Reserve I’m sorry for when you truly are. Always apologise when you know you’ve done wrong.?
28. It’s OK to have a daytime nap if you need it. Keeping your energy levels up is vital for a good life.?
29. Question everything except your own intuition.
30. You have enough. You are enough. ?
31. You are amazing! Don't let anyone ever make you feel you are not. If someone does, walk away. You deserve better.?
32. No matter where you are, you can always come to your home and just be.?
33. Be happy, say your prayers always and remember your most precious influencers and nourishers and carers. ?
34. Say what you mean and mean what you say.?
35: Love every all creature and treat them kindly.
Notice how you’ve grown, gained new insights, ideas and positive thoughts through reading the list.
Now is time for action!
About the author
A transformational coach from senior management, have a diploma in action research, masters ed with MMU and transpersonal psychology. My work is unique, accessible, sustainable and my interpersonal good skills. I am an active empathic listener, direct, laserlike exuding positive energy. I see multiple perspectives to help others to shift thinking.
Life Coach Directory is not responsible for the articles published by members. The views expressed are those of the member who wrote the article.
Top recent articles
Nick Thorpe - Life Coach & AuthorMarch 10th, 2018
Louise CreswickMarch 8th, 2018
Anita Sawyer Vasan Transformational Life CoachMarch 9th, 2018
Most viewed articles
Aim To Be, Life & Business CoachingJuly 19th, 2010
Jo Painter AC, Dip LC, NLP Prac, MRPharmSJuly 12th, 2015
Roksana Anning - Career, Interview, Confidence, Motivation, Redundancy coachingMarch 17th, 2015