Six questions to achieve your confidence goals this September
22nd August, 20170 Comments
Written by: Jo Painter AC, Dip LC, NLP Prac, MRPharmS
Every September I get these cravings to buy new pens, paper and pencil case.
My love of stationery is part of the reason, but it's also about the feeling from school days that September is the start of a brand new year. Or as a business friend of mine said, "September is the new January".
Even if your well passed your school years, this time of year is a great opportunity to refocus or refresh on any goals you have.
Perhaps you're hoping for:
- An improved work/life balance.
- The confidence to go for a new job or pay rise.
- A healthier lifestyle.
- To let go of anxiety.
What ever the changes are you'd like to make, try asking yourself these question to get the motivation to move forward:
- If I wasn't afraid of the outcome what would I do right now?
- If I could wave a magic wand which, took me to the outcome I want, what would it really look like?
- What do I believe about myself or the world that is holding me back? Are these really true?
- What strengths do I have that will help me achieve this?
- What support could I use to help me achieve this?
- If I knew I would achieve my goal, what is the first step I'd take?
Take some time out for yourself to explore these questions. Many find it helpful to write down their thoughts.
Once you've got ideas flowing, you'll hopefully start to feel excited and reinvigorated again. Ready to take your first step to build your confidence and achieve your goals.
But if not, you can always go out and buy some new stationary!
About the author
Jo is a leading UK confidence coach. She works with women to help them overcome their self-doubts and build their confidence and self-esteem, so they can achieve things they never imagined they could. Based in Bishops Stortford, Jo offers face to face coaching, Skype and telephone and also online coaching programmes.
Life Coach Directory is not responsible for the articles published by members. The views expressed are those of the member who wrote the article.
Top recent articles
Kim RutherfordApril 10th, 2018
Sue MacGillivray Life Coaching SolutionsApril 17th, 2018
Jane TimberlakeApril 24th, 2018
Most viewed articles
Aim To Be, Life & Business CoachingJuly 19th, 2010
Roksana Anning - Career, Interview, Confidence, Motivation, Redundancy coachingMarch 17th, 2015
Jo Painter AC, Dip LC, NLP Prac, MRPharmSJuly 12th, 2015