Possible dreams for 2015
It’s that time of year again and many of you, just like me, are returning to something. It might be work, home, school or university. It may be back to some of the day-to-day things that await us all after a holiday.
It’s a time when many will also make some kind of resolution or promise to themselves. It’s become traditional and fashionable BUT the resolution is often unsuccessful and only a temporary change.
So can we approach this January differently?
Yes, I think we can and it begins with making dreams possible rather than impossible! Here are some of my New Year ideas:
1. Make a list of things you’d like to achieve and give them a reality check. You could do this with a friend.
2. Create a timeline of evidence for your quitting smoking attempts, your weight-loss experiences or whatever is on your list to achieve.
3. What have you repeatedly done before that didn’t work?
4. Now explore new ways to achieve success and STOP repeating old habits.
5. Focus on just one thing! Several things will dilute your motivation and ultimately scupper your successful outcome.
6. Keep it steady. One day, two days then before you know, it’s a week.
7. Think in a long-term and steady way.
8. If it’s something you go on, like a diet or fitness plan, see if you can resist it this year.
9. Think in a possible way. This means seeing small as a measure of success.
10. Give yourself small rewards for each step.
11. Remember success is steady and not a one hit wonder!
So this year think in a possible way and make some changes that are ready to stick.
Have a great year of possibilities!
Life Coach Directory is not responsible for the articles published by members. The views expressed are those of the member who wrote the article.
About Jayne Cox
I have been in private practice and working with clients for over 2 decades. My passion to make a difference is driven by personal life challenges and finding my own way around life's obstacles.
As a Therapist, Coach and Stress Management/Wellbeing Consultant I believe change happens when someone is heard and fully supported. This is why I work closely with just a few clients, to help them … Read more
Located in Olney.
Can also offer telephone/online appointments.
To book an appointment, please get in contact: