It’s that time of year where we can feel that we are all supposed to float elegantly around the kitchen as we become domestic goddesses for 3 whole days but what if this isn’t the reality and Christmas is anything but calm?
Here are my top tips for Christmas calm and if you’re not a Nigella, Delia, Heston or Jamie, it’s absolutely fine, here’s a confidence boost before the Christmas festivities really begin!
Christmas is 3 days, just 3 days. Make it manageable!
- If you want ‘make’ something to ‘feel’ you are giving to friends and family, try something simple! My suggested favourites are cranberry sauce or custard!
- If you haven’t made your cake, not to worry. There are plenty of lovely cakes in the shops and Christmas Markets that are delicious and use free range eggs too!
- Plan some ‘you’ time. Make time to paint your nails or to get your hair done!
- Plan your time, are you over-committing? Can you really meet up with all your Friends and Family? If not now’s the time to let them know!
- Write a list of cards to send and gifts still to buy and then set a date in the diary to complete!
- Sort out suitable outfits for any events or just for the big day at home. Last minute flusters are less likely to happen!
- If you are running behind, plan your time in small chunks. Do ONLY what’s really necessary!
Finally it’s your Christmas, make it your own, enjoy it and if peace and calm are what you want, create it!
Life Coach Directory is not responsible for the articles published by members. The views expressed are those of the member who wrote the article.
About Jayne Cox
Jayne Cox is a Professional Coach and Stress Management Consultant. Her specialist areas include Stress, Unlocking Potential and Confidence Coaching. She encourages Women 40+ to feel visible and fulfilled. She is a great believer in looking after mental fitness and created MindFit. Working with compassion she achieves great results.