After the Trek
In my previous article I talked about ‘Getting Trekking’ to change your life. Now that you have been on your trek and reached your destination, you will obviously feel happy that you have achieved a goal but you might ask yourself, “What do I do now?”
Of course, it depends on what your original goal was. The trek does not stop there.
- If it was to lose weight, you have to maintain it
- If it was to change career, you have to gain experience and progress
- If it was to overcome a crisis in your life, you have to continue to move on
- If it was to make your boring life more interesting, you have to keep it that way and not slip back into old ways.
So, what do you do? Well let us look at the four items above and look at how you can progress from them.
1. Maintaining lost weight :–
- Keep a list of what you should eat
- Keep a list of what exercise you should do
- Keep a diary of what you are actually doing and eating
- Review it once a month to see if you are maintaining your lifestyle
- If you have to deviate because of holidays or invitations to friends/family, have a plan to get back on track.
2. Change of career :-
- After six months experience, assess yourself. Are you enjoying it? Can you progress?
- If all is going well, look at learning more
- Decide if you want to progress in that career and if so, what further training do you need?
- Make a plan of where you want to be and when you want to be there.
3. Overcoming the crisis :-
- You may think you have overcome things but,
- Ask yourself, “Have you really reached a stage where you are putting things behind you?”
- Are there any more changes you could make to move forward? If you cannot think of them
- Start to do that as soon as possible, look at joining a club or association where you are likely to meet more people to broaden your opportunities
- Stop yourself from thinking of the past and concentrate on the future
- Do something you have never done before
4. Swapping boredom for excitement
- Having found more interesting things to do, don’t look back
- If your interest fades with some of the things you have found to do,
- Always look for something different to do
- Get out and meet more people
- Be open to suggestion
- Don’t look back and don’t be tempted to fall back into old ways.
Life Coach Directory is not responsible for the articles published by members. The views expressed are those of the member who wrote the article.
About Mary Ankrett
You can be whatever you want to be if you put your mind to it!Mary established her life coaching and mentoring service in 2006 offering support to a wide range of clients. Everyone is different, every person has different needs and aspirations. Sometimes a person gets stuck in a rut and does not know which way to turn.She started her own business training centre in 1987 and during that period spen… Read more
Located in Sutton Coldfield.
Can also offer telephone/online appointments.
To book an appointment, please get in contact: