Six things confident people don't do!
I've written many articles with tips about how to improve your confidence, so in this blog I'm focusing on what confident people don't do.
It's helpful to understand the negative behaviours they avoid doing, so you can learn ways you could alter yours if you choose to.
Remember though, a person with high confidence levels is fallible like all of us and despite their self-belief they don't always get things right.
- They don't compare themselves to others. As confident people are happy with what they have in life they are genuinely please for other people's achievements.
- They don't judge or criticise. The have no need to boost their self-esteem by judging or criticising others. This means they see no benefit in negatively commenting on other people's behaviours.
- They don't worry what others think of them. Confident people have a high self-belief and know that they are okay. As a result they do what they think is right and don't worry about other people's approval.
- They don't focus on the past or the future. By living in the present rather than worrying about the future or regretting the past they are able to fully enjoy the moment.
- They don't need other people's validation. A confident person trusts their own opinions and decisions so doesn't need to ask anyone for validation. They may like to have other's opinions but in the end they go with their own judgement.
- They don't ruminate or overthink. Confident people know that over-thinking and repeatedly analysing a problem just leads to confusion and anxiety. Instead they try to keep their mind clear and distract themselves with other activities.
Which of these behaviours do you do and which do you avoid?
If you would like to work on becoming more confident, I suggest you focus on one of the points above. Start to build your awareness of which situations you demonstrate it in and how you feel when you do it. By understanding the circumstances and feelings that trigger the behaviour you will be able to challenge yourself to avoid it.
If you enjoyed this article please share it with friends and colleagues on social media.
Life Coach Directory is not responsible for the articles published by members. The views expressed are those of the member who wrote the article.
About Joanne Painter
Jo is an enthusiastic and experienced International Confidence Coach, who works with clients to help them build their confidence and self-esteem to achieve things they never imagined they could.
Based in Bishops Stortford, Jo offers face to face coaching, Skype and telephone.