5 Steps To A Spring Clean in 2017 - Create Confidence, Clarity and Energy!
“Clutter isn’t just in your home, attic, garage or office. Clutter is also in your mind and distracts you from the amazing things you are meant to do” – Katrina Mayer
A good spring clean involves clearing out, tidying up and creating space for what really matters. There are many benefits to spring cleaning, even though it often gets put off!
- rediscovering lost treasure
- creating physical, emotional and mental space
- deciding what is important and what isn't
- seeing how you’ve moved on/how things have changed
- reorganising what’s left
- identifying what’s missing, then planning to go out and get it
When was the last time you spring cleaned your life? Could now be the right time to do it? Are you feeling stuck, overwhelmed or at a crossroads? Spring is a natural time to generate energy, growth and expansion in your life. Here are 5 steps to a good spring clean!
1) The first step is to decide where to begin! Just as you can start a spring clean from any room in the house, you can start with any aspect of your life. Which area is most in need of a good sort out? Some possible starting points are career, health, relationships, eating, or thinking habits.
2) Do an assessment of where you are now in this area of your life? What are your key priorities? How do they fit into your bigger vision for your life as a whole? What are your current commitments in this area, so if we use the example of exercise what routines do you currently follow (if any)? What’s working/what isn’t? What’s your level of satisfaction?
3) Next, spend some time envisioning what would you like your experience of this area of your life to be? How would it look, feel and sound? What changes do you want to make? What would these give you? What are your personal preferences for moving your body? For example, do you enjoy, dancing, swimming, yoga or spending time gardening?
4) Now it’s time to create a simple plan of how you can integrate this change into your life. How will you choose to invest your time, energy and commitment? I recommend that you take small, realistic steps and be kind to yourself as you take on this new challenge. Treat it like an experiment. See what works, what doesn’t and modify as you go along. As you look at different options you will feel what’s right in your body and emotions as well as your mind.
5) No spring clean would be complete without a round of decluttering to free up some time, energy and space to create the changes you really want in your life. What relationships, commitments and activities are serving you in this area? Which are not? Be prepared to let some things go as you move on in your life and create positive change. You can feel good about passing things on. Remember there will be others who will gratefully receive the things that which is no longer serving you.
Have fun with your spring clean of 2017!
Life Coach Directory is not responsible for the articles published by members. The views expressed are those of the member who wrote the article.