10 statements to boost your confidence
One of the most common ways in which we damage our self-confidence is in the way we talk to ourselves. Many individuals that seek coaching for a lack confidence and self-esteem have an inner self-talk that is rarely positive and often quite hurtful. If you can talk to yourself as a good friend using positive language and statements, you will give your self-belief a real boost.
Would you talk to a friend the way you talk to yourself?
Although I'm not a big believer in positive affirmations - I find repeating phrases over and over to myself doesn't work for me - I do appreciate there are times when a positive statement can really give you a lift, and help you carry on when you're struggling. With this in mind, I've made list of some of the phrases that past clients have said they find helpful when they are overcome by self-doubt:
- "I can't control my thoughts but I can choose my reaction to them."
- "Failing is part of the journey to success."
- "Having confidence isn't about not being scared, it's about putting yourself out there anyway."
- "You can't change the other person but you can change your reaction to them."
- "Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right." (Henry Ford)
- "Do, or not do, there is no try." (Yoda)
- "It's not something you should do but something you could do."
- "If you change nothing, nothing will change." (Tony Robbins)
- "You wouldn't worry what others think about you, if you realised how seldom they do." (Eleanor Roosevelt)
- "If the mountain you want to climb is overwhelming, take it one molehill at a time."
I hope some of these statements resonate with you. You don't need to use them all the time but keep them listed somewhere for when you need a positive reminder about life.
I'd love to hear what phrases or quote work for you.
Good luck and feel confident.
Life Coach Directory is not responsible for the articles published by members. The views expressed are those of the member who wrote the article.
About Joanne Painter
Jo is a leading UK confidence coach, who works with women to help them overcome their self-doubts and build their confidence and self-esteem to achieve things they never imagined they could. Based in Bishops Stortford, Jo offers face to face coaching, Skype and telephone and also online coaching programmes.