Your career, the second act: Find the work that makes your heart sing!
Date & Time:14th September 2017, 7pm - 9.30pm
- Find an event in your area
Something niggling about your career? Or perhaps it’s beyond that now and you loathe your work, getting home each evening ready to hit the gin or scratch your eyeballs out.
Either way, if it feels like you won’t be able to fix things by simply signing up with a recruiter and begging her to find you more of the same, then perhaps you need a fundamental rethink of your career – a reinvention even.
However, perhaps you find that thinking about making big changes feel weighty. What if things don’t work out the way you plan? Perhaps you become paralysed as you think about the consequences in life and death terms.
Relax. There ARE ways to free yourself from your stuck situation and create a brilliant new career for yourself.
In this meeting, we’ll be looking at how you can create your “career second act”. A career second act is when you REINVENT yourself and your skill set so that you find work that you’re more fired up about. A career second act is also when you reassess all the skills, experience and wisdom you’ve acquired over the years and use it to springboard yourself into more meaningful, satisfying and rewarding work.
You may want a career second act if you feel:
- Frustrated because you’ve got talents that you’ve never had the opportunity to use.
- Stuck and unfulfilled in your current field.
- Anxious about your retirement and want to develop a plan so you can work for longer.
- Jittery about rumours of redundancy and change in your organisation and have sussed out that you need a plan B.
- Worn down by your lousy work/life balance.
In this session you’ll hear about:
- A proven process that can help you reinvent your career. A process that releases you from ‘stuck and confused’ and which helps you gain fresh insights about yourself and your career. It will get you to a plan and a place where you’re feeling raring to go.
- How to get started and how to keep motivated and energetic as you create your ‘career second act.'
- Tools and techniques that can help you get the best out of the process like open-mindedness, creative thinking and how to tap into your intuition – which will guide you to what your heart longs for.
- What separates those who succeed from those who fail in their second act career, so you can get it right for your own career reinvention.
- How to think about money so it doesn’t roadblock the process.
- The inspiration from true stories of people who have successfully transitioned to a career second act.
The presentation and Q&A will last for about 40 minutes. After this, you'll get the chance to experiment with some of the tools and techniques discussed.
Full details and booking (required) from:
I'd be delighted to see you there!
About the host
Trudy Lloyd is a professionally qualified career coach, business coach and facilitator.
She understands the challenges that midlife professionals face to find more meaningful, satisfying and rewarding work. She’s designed powerful processes and tools to free them from ‘stuck’ and to help them reinvent, so they can step into a brilliant new career.
I had become depressed and bored of my life and, as I'm a solution-focused person, I decided to do...
During January 2017 I was a having a crisis of confidence. I had left my job which had become a huge...
I had come to a crossroads in my life. I had to decide between leaving a well-paid job or setting up my...
Workplace stress getting the better of you? Here’s our guide to pressing the reset...
Find out if you're headed for burnout (and what you can do about...
When you’re your own boss, it can be hard to find balance...