ReinventU workshop: Blaze the trail to your new more fulfilling career!
Date & Time:27th January 2018, 9.30am - 6pm
Cost:£225 (Early Bird £195 available until 10th January)
- Find an event in your area
If you’re unhappy and unfulfilled in your current professional role, long to make changes to your career or working life, but feel ‘stuck’ as to how to go about it, then this 1-day workshop is for you.
Working with the proven ReinventU™ process specially designed for midlife career reinvention, you’ll look at your career journey up to now with ‘fresh eyes’. You’ll identify ‘career insights’ that will reveal more of your ‘career needs’ to you, and open up new opportunities for you to channel your skills into work or a way of working that you’re more fired up about. You’ll create your personal career reinvention plan. You’ll build your confidence and motivation to make the changes you need to make, and after all that you’ll leave the workshop with a spring in your step ready for the big adventure of the next exciting stage of your career!
What we’ll cover:-
- The factors that have shaped your career to date.
- Deep dive into you – what motivates you, your purpose and your values. Discover ‘career insights’ – which will reveal your previously hidden ‘career needs’ and what motivates you at a deeper level. This will help you open up new directions for the next stage of your career. These new career directions will be rooted in what’s important to you, your accumulated skill set and what you really want to do next.
- Your 'career insights' will also help you resolve conflicting desires. E.g to make great money but have meaningful work, or to have a 'career role' but also more 'family time.'
- Identifying specific target ‘markets’. These will be potential employers (or potential customers for the products/services of your own new business). You'll identify the types of people who will likely be willing to pay well for your skills, and whose mission and values are aligned with your own.
- We’ll check out how these new career options will fit into the rest of your life: including your relationships and your financial situation etc. And resolve any potential conflicts so there will be nothing stopping you from taking action to move forward.
- We’ll create your career reinvention plan – which will keep you on track after the workshop.
- You’ll learn tools and techniques to deal with any blocks and challenges to change you may experience in the weeks ahead – so that you keep moving forward.
During this friendly, supportive and experiential workshop you’ll be working with other midlife professionals who are also seeking to reinvent their careers. You’ll learn and build your confidence through sharing with each other, as well as through the programme material.
The ReinventU™ process is underpinned by research from top Yale psychologists, Sternberg and Davison. Other career development approaches only help you to analyse your career, they do not help you to get powerful career ‘insights’. Career insights are the critical creative part of career reinvention, which help you understand your deeper ‘career needs’. Career insights are key to you opening up so many new opportunities for yourself.
Who’s this Workshop For?
Professionals 35+ (including professionals with a vocational training, managers, directors, consultants, tech workers, knowledge workers) who are:-
- Unfulfilled at work – lost their career mojo!
- Disillusioned or frustrated from working in a difficult culture
- Stressed due to living through too much downsizing and restructuring
- Insecure after waves of redundancies
- Struggling to progress their career because they’re stuck in a flat organisational structure or declining industry
- Poorly rewarded after suffering pay freezes and ‘disappearing’ bonuses
- Worried about ageism and how to stay professionally employed until retirement
- Feeling bored sometimes - despite their 'professional role' and longing to do 'something new'.
- Eyeing their 'escape plan' wistfully, but struggling to 'follow through'
Full details and booking (required) from https://www.meetup.com/Professional-Invincible-You/events/245341622/
About the host
Trudy Lloyd is an award-winning professionally qualified career coach, business coach and facilitator.
She understands the challenges midlife professionals face to find more meaningful, satisfying and rewarding work. She’s designed powerful processes and tools to free you from ‘stuck’, help you reinvent, so you can step into a brilliant new career
The most important thing my life coach helped me to realise was how negatively I talked to myself in my...
I had come to a crossroads in my life. I had to decide between leaving a well-paid job or setting up my...
I had become depressed and bored of my life and, as I'm a solution-focused person, I decided to do...
Find out which apps are helping us keep our self-care in...
Our tips for writing great content that can help attract...
How many times have you pondered your current career path...