Overcome imposter syndrome
70% of us experience imposter syndrome at one time or another.
It happens when the belief that you are not good enough causes the kind of extreme self-doubt, lack of confidence, anxiety, and fear that leads to things like;
- turning down opportunities you're qualified to do, in case you're not actually good enough to do them well enough
- deliberately 'playing small' at work - or the opposite, putting yourself under massive pressure by taking on more and more in an effort to prove that you are good at what you do and worth the credit others give you for your abillities
- struggling to sell yourself and your abilities at interview or to potential clients
- sleepless nights spent worrying that everyone is about to discover you aren’t as good at what you do as they think you are - and that that could mean the end of your job or your business
- working doubly hard every day to cover the fact you don’t really know what you’re doing
- being so worried about making a mistake that you consistently over-prepare or avoid anything that could create a potential slip-up. And if you do make a mistake you'll probably go to any lengths to hide it, just in case it's the moment the cat is let out of the bag
Imposter syndrome is often characterised by feelings of, although you are successful, you don’t really deserve that success. You aren’t anything special and the things others credit you with achieving are really just down to luck, the fortune to have good people around you helping you, being in the right place at the right time, or because what you’ve achieved really wasn’t difficult - anyone could do it and it’s not worth celebrating in any special way.
This workshop will help you overcome your imposter syndrome, and leave you feeling more confident about your abilities and self-worth, let go of the fear that others will find out you are not who they think you are, and get out there and make a success of your career or business in a calmer, more assured, and confident way.
In the workshop, you will;
- learn what imposter syndrome is, explore the impacts of imposter syndrome on you personally, and discover what is driving your imposter syndrome
- actively work through a number of techniques evidentially proven to help reduce and overcome imposter syndrome, so you leave the workshop with greater self-belief and with an understanding about who the real, able you is, and what you are capable of
- examine and restructure the thoughts you have that are driving your imposter syndrome
- learn how to internalise your successes
- gain clarity about your strengths and abilities and how you use them
The workshop will introduce you to a number of activities and techniques you can use after the workshop to help you maintain what you’ve learned and kick any feelings of imposter syndrome quickly into touch when they arise in future.
This workshop is limited to a maximum of twelve delegates, to ensure the kind of personal attention and sense of safety you will want as you explore this topic. Jo Lee, your host, will create and maintain a safe, confidential space for you to explore your thoughts and fears with and alongside others who struggle with similar feelings to you, leaving you with a more self-assured, positive mindset and the reassurance that you are normal, able and worth all the credit that others give you.
Places for this workshop can be booked via Eventbrite using this link: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/overcome-imposter-syndrome-tickets-72072606105
Please contact Jo, the workshop host, directly if you would like more information, on 07947 6232 11 or by email on email@example.com.
About Jo Lee
Jo Lee is an award-winning, professional coach. Imposter Syndrome led Jo to burn-out and leave her senior management career - she really “gets it” on a personal level…while also having the professional expertise and knowledge to be able to help you overcome your Imposter Syndrome and the lack of self-belief that goes with it.