Midlife career reboot 2018 : Yes, you can find work that fires you up!
Date & Time:22nd January 2018, 7pm - 9pm
- Find an event in your area
If you’ve been unhappy in your work in 2017, but are struggling to see how at midlife you can change your career so that your work is more meaningful and satisfying, then this meeting is for you.
A "career reboot" is when you as a professional re-orientate yourself to find work or a way of working that you're more fired up about. A career reboot may also mean that you reinvent your career and skill set so you’re more fulfilled in your work and can survive better in our rapidly changing world.
We’ll also be getting to grips with that “push me - pull you” that may be going on inside you, that has you longing to make changes but stuck in the starting blocks. You’ll discover how you can convert your weighty burden of doubts and fears into the thrilling feelings of taking control of your career and your life.
You may be in need of a career reboot if you feel:-
- Stuck and unfulfilled in your current field.
- Your work/life balance is grinding you down.
- You want to find a role where you can channel more of your creativity/personality/unused skills and unique talents so that you’re more fulfilled.
- Your role feels precarious and you want to have a plan B.
- You want to develop a plan to work in retirement.
In this session you’ll hear about :-
- A process that can help you to understand yourself and your ‘career needs’ at a deeper level so that you can identify new options that are more authentically you and which will lead to more satisfying and meaningful work.
- How you can resolve your apparently conflicting desires e.g 'new challenges' vs 'the comfort of what you know.'
- How you can overcome past 'conditioning' from parents, family, colleagues, teachers and friends that traps you in a role or profession that’s not ‘you’; so you can move forward to work that you’re truly fired up about.
- How you can also break free of the limitations that you and recruiters might be placing on yourself.
- How to get started... and how to keep the momentum going with creating your ‘career second act’.
- How to think about money so it doesn’t roadblock the process.
- What separates those who succeed and those who fail in their second act career.
Full details and booking (required) from :- https://www.meetup.com/Professional-Invincible-You/events/246300341/
This event is also being run in WOKINGHAM on 15th January. Full details and booking(required) from:- https://www.meetup.com/Professional-Invincible-You/events/246294184/
About the host
Trudy Lloyd is an award-winning professionally qualified career coach, business coach and facilitator.
She understands the challenges midlife professionals face to find more meaningful, satisfying and rewarding work. She’s designed powerful processes and tools to free you from ‘stuck’, help you reinvent, so you can step into a brilliant new career
The most important thing my life coach helped me to realise was how negatively I talked to myself in my...
During January 2017 I was a having a crisis of confidence. I had left my job which had become a huge...
I had come to a crossroads in my life. I had to decide between leaving a well-paid job or setting up my...
Find out which apps are helping us keep our self-care in...
Our tips for writing great content that can help attract...
How many times have you pondered your current career path...