Mental health first aid training - Bridgwater
Our Adult MHFA two day course qualifies you as a Mental Health First Aider. Mental Health First Aiders have:
- An in depth understanding of mental health and the factors that can affect well-being.
- Practical skills to spot the triggers and signs of mental health issues.
- Confidence to step in, reassure and support a person in distress.
- Enhanced interpersonal skills such as non-judgemental listening.
- Knowledge to help someone recover their health by guiding them to further support - whether that’s self-help resources, through their employer, the NHS, or a mix.
What to expect
We limit numbers to a minimum of eight people and a maximum of 16 people per course so that you can feel safe and supported while you learn.
You will get an MHFA manual to keep and refer to whenever you need it. When you complete the two days you'll get a certificate to say you are a Mental Health First Aider. This can take up to two weeks to arrive.
Learning takes place across four manageable sessions. Through a mix of group activities, presentations and discussions, each session is built around a Mental Health First Aid action plan.
About Becky Wright
Becky Wright is an accomplished and highly regarded trainer. She delivers a range of engaging motivational and educational presentations, at national conferences, and to businesses. She is a MBACP Snr Accred of the BACP, and a member of the Association for Coaching. A Mental Health First Aid Instructor with Mental Health First Aid England.