Mental health first aid - 2 day training course
Date & Time:19th - 26th April 2018, 9am - 4.30pm
- Find an event in your area
First aid for mental or emotional distress - very much needed. People need to know what to do - not many people do. You will learn life saving skills.
Come to this gold standard, internationally renowned training course. You will gain:
- An in depth understanding of mental health and the factors affecting it.
- Practical skills to sport the triggers and signs of mental health issues.
- Confidence to step in and reassure a person in distress.
- Non-judgemental listening skills and why they are so important.
- Knowledge of how to guide someone to appropriate sources and other sources of support.
- Information about well-being and self-care.
- An understanding that recovery from mental ill health is likely and possible.
You will receive a comprehensive manual for your future reference as well as a workbook and a certificate showing that you are a mental health first aider. The aim is to train 1 in 10 of the population in these VITAL skills. Come along and join the growing community.
This is a two day course - you must attend both days, 19th and 26th April.
As long as you are over 18 years old you can be a mental health first aider.
About the host
Providers of outstanding training courses - mental health first aid, mental health awareness, "well-being matters" (including happiness, well-being and resilience), wellness recovery action planning (WRAP) and living life better with fatigue amongst others.
Lively, involving, enlightening and fun courses which might well change your life.
During January 2017 I was a having a crisis of confidence. I had left my job which had become a huge...
I had come to a crossroads in my life. I had to decide between leaving a well-paid job or setting up my...
The most important thing my life coach helped me to realise was how negatively I talked to myself in my...
Why we need to get bored to get...
A quick guide to understanding the difference between...
Workplace stress getting the better of you? Here’s our guide to pressing the reset...