Freedom from domestic abuse - therapeutic programme
- Are you a woman who has experienced domestic abuse?
- Or, you have you walked away from one abusive relationship, only to end up in another?
- Perhaps you feel confused about your experiences and conflicted about your feelings towards your abuser(s).
Then the 'Freedom from domestic abuse therapeutic programme' is for you.
Using my novel, Beauty’s Story as a case study, this six-week online therapeutic programme will explore the insidious nature of domestic violence, and hold space for you to work through some of the issues that might arise for you in the process.
***The main objective of this programme is to accelerate your journey of internal freedom from domestic abuse***
How can this 'Freedom from domestic abuse therapeutic programme' help you?
A common experience for victims and survivors of domestic abuse is a feeling of isolation/alienation/loss of community. So, here, in this programme, you will be learning along with other women in a community that aims to facilitate your healing, growth and personal development.
- You will learn to be more your authentic self, not the version that somebody else demands of you.
- You will learn to be self-compassionate.
- Vitally, you will learn that you are not alone.
By the end of the programme, you will:
- Learn how domestic abuse works.
- Learn how you may have become hooked
- Learn how to understand your emotions about the experience
- Learn how to break the cycle of abuse and abusive relationships in your life.
- Learn how you could begin /or continue to ‘untangle’ yourself from the impact of domestic abuse on your life.
- Learn how to be yourself again within a safe community.
- Learn that there can be a rich, fulfilling life after the trauma of domestic abuse.
Why Beauty's Story?
1. We are using Beauty’s Story as our case study so that you can safely look at the experience of domestic abuse, which can be very difficult to talk about, using a fictional account to make it a little easier.
2. Sometimes it's easier to be one step removed - we tend to see clearer, learn better and absorb more when we are not directly, emotionally involved.
3. By basing our study on a fictional account, you can feel free to share (or not!) your own experiences and/or fears whenever you are ready, without any pressure.
4. Plus, it's a great story - even if I say so myself.
The group will comprise a minimum of three and a maximum of 12 women and meet once a week for six weeks.
The next group begins on Tuesday 16th March 2021 at 7pm, and will take place via Zoom.
Currently, the fee is *£375 and includes a signed copy of Beauty's Story and a bonus one-to-one session with me.
*I'm happy to negotiate a concessionary rate to make this accessible to anyone who needs it. Just ask!
A FREE, no-obligation one-to-one consultation - contact me for an initial consultation as a first step, and to explore whether this is right for you at this time.