Coaching for change - an NLP perspective
Change management is defined as 'a structured approach to shifting/transitioning individuals, teams, and organisations from a current state to a desired future state'.
The common element is the change of perspective or state. Coaching for change is a set of tools to develop belief and behaviour change, and to gain commitment by overcoming resistance.
NLP coaching has a distinct advantage over other forms of coaching, as it enables the client to congruently achieve the objectives established in their coaching plan. NLP offers coaches the ability to tailor selected interventions to take into account the client’s unconscious mind where both resources and incongruities are present.
If you are already trained in NLP and want to explore the uses and possibilities of coaching, either in your personal or professional life, this is the ideal course for you. NLP is the perfect foundation from which to build your coaching skills.
It also comes with the reassurance of a robust and internationally recognised qualification from the Society of NLP if that is of interest to you.
What you will learn;
- the relationship between and the differences of coaching, therapy, consulting, and counselling
- how coaching benefits both the organisation and the individual
- how coaching skills are essential to managers
- the main coaching models and how they fit with NLP
- how to set goals so you can achieve them
- how to give feedback that quickly modifies behaviour
- how to coach a client to achieve their outcomes
- how to structure your own coaching programmes
- how to apply a simple top ten tips to coaching
Contact us on 0121 251 6172 for dates of open courses; alternatively we can deliver on-site to suit you and at a day rate rather than delegate rate.
The course outline shown below is to give you an idea of the content. It is flexible depending on the needs, experience, and interests of the group.
Day one - introduction, structure and background to coaching for change;
- what coaching actually is
- a brief history of coaching
How the NLP strategy model ties in planning implementation, including;
- TOTE for results
- well-formed outcomes
- the NLP framing tool
- classic coaching models such as the grow, smart, clear, etc.
- meta programmes and how they structure your decisions
- how we naturally motivate and organise ourselves, and how we can use that to
- create natural motivation and productivity
Day two - the use of language in coaching
- what our language says about our internal world
- how to gain rapport easily and effortlessly
Using the NLP language patterns;
- meta model
- Milton model
- sleight of mouth
- small words with big meanings
The language of results;
- how to verbally frame an outcome so it is the only possible result
- how to effectively structure questions and use feedback to easily achieve results
Day three - bringing it all together
- how to structure your coaching programmes
- top 10 tips for coaching for change from an NLP perspective
- perceptual positioning
- practical coaching practice
Coaching for change course dates - November 29th to December 1st.
How can I book?
To book your place(s) please call us on 0121 251 6172, or email.
If you would prefer to pay by cheque or bank transfer, I can send you a standard invoice with payment details. Please email or call Mark Peters on 0121 251 6172.
What does it cost?
The coaching for change course is £749 per person. You can pay a deposit to secure your place and spread the balance over a series of installments, or you can pay in full by invoice.
Please note, as an added bonus, the price also includes Certification as a Licenced NLP Coach with Society of NLP (SNLP).
On successful completion of this coaching course, you will be fully qualified as a coach with SNLP and have the option to join Association for Coaching (AC) and/or International Coaching Federation (ICF).
Hosted by NLP Birmingham
We provide open training courses for NLP in Birmingham, and Coaching, as well as on-site workshops and training courses to suit your needs. Mark is currently a NLP Trainer with the Society of NLP and working towards Master-Trainer of NLP with Christina Hall.