As professional coaches co-coaching gives us the time and opportunity to practise coaching, to try new ways of coaching or to work on something that we might want to improve. Attending a co-coaching forum allows us, as coaches, to have the opportunity of practising in a safe environment and of receiving feedback.
The feedback can be targeted - for instance, if a coach would like to receive specific feedback on one aspect of their coaching - then they can ask for this.
Co-coaching provides an opportunity to reflect on your coaching style and to experience and experiment with new coaching techniques.
It is a three-way learning opportunity:
- Being coached by others.
- Observing others being coached.
- Coaching others on their coaching technique.
- Gain multiple perspectives from a range of coaches.
- Professional network of options and shared strategies.
- Access to overlapping and distinct expertise.
- Create a better foundation to coaching.
- You can discover an amazing range of coaching methods and styles that have developed to satisfy different needs and circumstances, and so benchmark your own practice.
How are AC co-coaching forums run?
Co-coaching forums are run by experienced facilitators who are coaches themselves and who follow the AC coaching competency framework and adhere to the global code of ethics for coaches and mentors. These sessions ensure that the maximum time is spent in coaching practice and that new ideas are continually investigated and explored.
There is a growing network of co-coaching forums across the United Kingdom.
Benefits of co-coaching forums:
Participating in co-coaching will give you:
- A CPD certificate for each forum you attend.
- Access to a network of like-minded people to share ideas and resources.
- A 'super-view' of your coaching practice.
Who can attend a co-coaching forum?
The AC co-coaching forums are normally included within our member benefits. However, we welcome non-members for three taster co-coaching sessions.
Numbers are limited to 12 for this forum, so please book your place with June on 07876 578055 or firstname.lastname@example.org
About June O'driscoll
June O'Driscoll is an organisational member of The Association For Coaching and a licensed trainer of NLP, life coaching, business coaching, hypnotherapy, Reiki and mindfulness. As a trainer and a supervisor of life and business coaching, June speaks to many coaches that would like to broaden their practice and network with like minded people.