Career resilience for mid-career professionals
About this 1-day course
Introduction to several resilience models designed to support you in your career.
The ‘four sources’ model looks at the following resources:
- Physical e.g. good health.
- Intellect e.g. the ability to solve problems, change negative thought patterns.
- Emotional e.g. managing your emotions, having a sense of optimism.
- Having a purpose – having a deep sense of purpose and being part of a community with shared values.
The 'resilience doughnut' model looks at:
- Learning and education.
- Community and career networks.
- Family and other relationships.
- Personal resources e.g. money.
We will also look at Ikigai – the Japanese concept meaning ‘a reason for being’, and how this might be used in finding a meaningful career.
These models are easy to apply and use. They are especially useful whilst you are going through bumpy times. They help with confidence as you go through life's inevitable challenges.