Career reboot: what now for you? (Saturday workshop)
Date & Time:30th September 2017, 9.30am - 6pm
Cost:Full price £195 (early bird available until 06.09.17)
- Find an event in your area
If you’re unhappy and unfulfilled in your current professional role, long to make changes to your career or working life, but feel ‘stuck’ as to how to go about it, then this one-day workshop is for you.
Working with the proven Reinventu™ process specially designed for midlife career reinvention, you’ll look at your career journey up to now with ‘fresh eyes’. You’ll identify ‘career insights’ that will open up new opportunities for you to channel your skills into work you’re more fired up about. You’ll create your personal career reinvention plan. You’ll build your confidence and motivation to make the changes you need to make, and after all that you’ll leave the workshop with a spring in your step ready for the big adventure of the next exciting stage of your career!
What we’ll cover:
- The factors that have shaped your career to date.
- Deep dive into you – what motivates you, your purpose and your values.
- Discover ‘career insights’ – which will open up new directions for the next stage of your career. These new career directions will be rooted in what’s important to you, your accumulated skill set and what you really want to do next.
- Identifying specific target ‘markets’. These will be potential employers (or potential customers for the products/services of your own new business). You will identify the types of people who will likely be willing to pay well for your skills, and whose mission and values are aligned with your own.
- We’ll check out how these new career options will fit into the rest of your life: including your relationships and your financial situation etc. And resolve any potential conflicts so there will be nothing stopping you from taking action to move forward.
- We’ll create your career reinvention plan – which will keep you on track after the workshop.
- You’ll learn tools and techniques to deal with any blocks and challenges to change you may experience in the weeks ahead – so that you keep moving forward.
During this friendly, supportive and experiential workshop you’ll be working with others who'll also be seeking to reinvent their careers. You’ll learn and build your confidence through sharing with each other, as well as through the programme material.
The Reinvent U™ process is underpinned by research from top Yale psychologists, Sternberg and Davison. Other career development approaches only help you to analyse your career, they do not help you to get powerful career ‘insights’ – which is the critical creative part of career reinvention, and which is key to you opening up so many new opportunities for yourself.
Who’s this workshop for?
This workshop is for you if you're:
A professional 35+ (including professionals with a vocational training, managers, directors, consultants, tech workers, knowledge workers) who's feeling...
- Unfulfilled at work – lost your career mojo!
- Frustrated because you've got talents that you've never had the opportunity to use.
- Jittery about rumours of redundancy and change in your organisation and have sussed out that you need a plan B.
- Struggling to progress your career because you're stuck in a flat organisational structure or declining industry.
- Poorly rewarded after suffering pay freezes and ‘disappearing’ bonuses.
- Worried about ageism and how you can stay professionally employed until retirement.
- Worn down by your lousy work/life balance.
Places will be limited to 12 so that everyone will get the support they need and their questions answered on the day.
Price: £195 includes pre-workshop materials, workshop and materials on the day, tea, coffee, water (price does not include lunch).
Early bird price until Wednesday 6th September just £165.
Please note there is 'pre-work' to complete before the workshop. So if you'd like to join us, please sign up in time to be able to complete your preparation - which will ensure you get the most out of the workshop.
Full details and booking (required) from
About the host
Trudy Lloyd is a professionally qualified career coach, business coach and facilitator. She understands the challenges that midlife professionals face to find more meaningful, satisfying and rewarding work. She’s designed powerful processes and tools to free them from ‘stuck’ and to help them reinvent, so they can step into a brilliant new career.
During January 2017 I was a having a crisis of confidence. I had left my job which had become a huge...
I had come to a crossroads in my life. I had to decide between leaving a well-paid job or setting up my...
I had become depressed and bored of my life and, as I'm a solution-focused person, I decided to do...
How many times have you pondered your current career path...
If it's not right for you, don't...
Do you run your own business? Get the new year kicked off...