As happy as can be course
Learn a simple 10-step process to increase your happiness and well-being with new habits that last.
As happy as can be! is a 12-week course focusing on increasing your happiness and well-being through a mixture of facilitator-led sessions, peer support and individual work in between the sessions. You will be benefitting from a wide variety of experiential exercises from life coaching, behavioural sciences, and positive psychology.
Who is this course for?
This course can help you with the following challenges:
- you are feeling overwhelmed because of the many roles and responsibilities you have
- your life feels chaotic, with no real routine or you have a routine that doesn’t work for you
- you have started many new habits but never kept them up for longer than a few days and you are fed up with yourself because of it
- you feel stuck on a hamster wheel
- you want to improve your well-being but don’t know where to start
- your mind feels cluttered and this very often mirrors how chaotic your life feels on the outside
- you procrastinate on important things and busy yourself with things that are not as important
- you neglect your needs and feel guilty when you want to do something for yourself
You will explore:
- what is happiness and why it's important
- how you can measure your overall satisfaction with life and the levels of your happiness using scientifically proven questionnaires and scales
- eight key areas of your life and how satisfied you are with each of them
- how to bring more balance to your life and improve your well-being with a simple 10-step process
- the basics of successfully creating new habits and how to get unstuck
- key elements of behaviour and understanding how these can be used to create positive change in your life
- the benefits of peer support and group work that promote motivation and accountability
- different areas of positive psychology, such as gratitude, values, strengths, mindfulness, meaning and purpose; and how these contribute to your overall happiness and well-being
- behaviour change process to help you stop unhelpful and bad habits
- Improved happiness and well-being by focusing on your aspirations and actively working on different areas of your life, one at a time.
- Reduced procrastination by setting SMARTER goals, creating new habits and using effective troubleshooting methods.
- Increased productivity by identifying productive behaviours and fitting your new habits effectively into your existing routine.
- Increased awareness by learning about different aspects and practices for well-being (gratitude, values, strengths, mindfulness, meaning and purpose).
- Positive change beyond this programme by learning how to grow your new habits naturally, by sharing the tools and skills with others around you and by attending monthly catch up meetings.
The course content is delivered in six sessions, every two weeks, for 12 weeks. Each session is approximately 90 minutes long.
As well as participating in live online sessions and discussions, you will be given handouts and workbooks prior to each session to complete in your own time and at your own pace.
It’s important that you make a commitment to attend all the sessions to receive the full benefit of this course. However, we know life sometimes gets in the way, and if you are unable to attend some of the sessions, a separate 15 minute meeting will be arranged with the facilitator on an alternative date to help you with the learning and to answer any questions.
What is happiness and how it can be measured? Practical tools to create more balance in your life. Identifying aspirations and specific goals with the mind mapping tool. Creating SMARTER goals and habits.
In this session, we will explore your values with the values clarification process. We will look at understanding the different elements that influence our behaviour, both good and bad. Tips on what to do when things don’t go to plan, and you get stuck. Tips on reducing procrastination. Tools to successfully create new habits.
The benefits of practising gratitude and examples of practices you can try. Identifying your strengths. A close look at motivation and the role it plays in our behaviour. Identify your second aspiration.
The role of Meaning and purpose in your life, and how these can be measured. The role of your ability in creating new habits and how to use it to your advantage.
Introduction to mindfulness. The power of reliable prompts and cues. The role of rewards. How to celebrate your progress and why it’s important. Growing your habits naturally. Identify your third aspiration.
Revisiting your questionnaires and review of your progress. Tools and tips to tackle unhelpful habits and unhelpful behaviours. Next steps and continuous group support.
This course is delivered online via Zoom. You will need access to a laptop or a desktop with an internet connection and camera. For confidentiality purposes, none of the sessions will be recorded.
Dates and times:
- Session 1 - Thursday 2nd December at 7:30pm
- Session 2 - Thursday 16th December at 7:30pm
- Session 3 - Thursday 30th December at 7:30pm
- Session 4 - Thursday 13th January at 7:30pm
- Session 5 - Thursday 27th January at 7:30pm
- Session 6 - Thursday 10th February at 7:30pm
- Up to 30 days before the event start - full refund guarantee.
- Up to 15 days before the event start - 50% refund.
- Up to 7 days before the event - 25% refund.
- Less than 7 days before the event - no refund.
We truly believe in our course and all the tools we teach. However, we want to make sure a high quality of experience and teaching is provided and, as such, you have a right to request a full refund if our course hasn’t met your expectations.
Eligibility criteria: you will need to attend all of the six sessions and you can apply for a refund up to 48 hours after the last session. You will need to send your request in writing and with a brief explanation of your reason for requesting a refund.
A payment plan is available for a limited number of attendees. A £50 deposit needs to be paid at the time of booking and further monthly instalments will be arranged on an individual basis.
Hosted by Linda Farnden
Linda Farnden is a Wellbeing and Life Balance coach, helping women on their journey of growth and self-discovery to create a balanced life, manage and prioritise their time better and focus on a guilt-free self-care. She draws on her experience working with women in the community and delivering courses and workshops for mental health charities.