Six ways to boost your energy levels
Whether you wake up feeling lethargic, or you find your energy levels flag as the day goes on, finding healthy and natural ways to boost your energy can help you make the most of every day.
When our energy levels decrease, many of us reach for coffee or chocolate for a quick fix. While this may feel great at first, a couple of hours after this fix we tend to feel even worse.
The following tips are healthy and natural ways to boost your energy levels without any unwanted side effects.
1. Start your day right – a great ‘power breakfast’ of porridge and fruit can get you off to a fresh start and help you feel powered up for the whole day.
2. Think about your posture – by readjusting your posture and sitting up straight, you will increase the amount of oxygen in your body, helping you to feel energised. When you are feeling tired, think about your posture and take a few deep breaths.
3. Hydrate – make a conscious effort to drink water every hour. Even the smallest amount of dehydration can make you feel sluggish.
4. Step away from the screen – sitting in front of a computer all day can easily lead to eyestrain, and where eyestrain starts, tiredness generally follows. Make sure your screen is clean, at an appropriate height for you and that you use a font size of 12 points or above. Also be sure to take regular breaks to give your eyes a break from the screen.
5. Open a window – letting some fresh air in will not only make your room less stuffy, it will also reduce carbon-dioxide build-up (which experts have linked to fatigue).
6. Switch off – any electromagnetic equipment you have in your bedroom can interfere with your brainwaves, making you feel tired. Try to keep any electronic equipment like clocks, TVs etc. at least eight feet away from the head of your bed – or better yet, remove them completely or turn them off.
If you are struggling to maintain your energy levels, speaking to a life coach could help. For more information, please see our Energy page.
View and comment on the original Express article.
Find a life coach that can help with Energy
or try our advanced search