Stay motivated throughout February
Poor February has a difficult act to follow after the excitement of Christmas and New Year, and other than being the shortest month it doesn’t really have much else to bring to the table. As the New Year’s resolutions begin to fizzle out and summer still seems but a distant dream, February seems like a rather dismal time of year.
If a lack of willpower means that your 2011 promise to yourself to stay fit, healthy and motivated is beginning to fall by the wayside then here are a few tips to help you get back on track:
- At this point you may feel that you are no longer seeing improvements at the gym. If this is the case for you then do not worry. Your initial rate of improvement will have slowed slightly and it may be more difficult to spot. If you managed to shed half a stone in January and your pounds now seem more stubborn to shift then be aware that this is completely natural.
- If you can’t get into your regular yoga class because its full up then don’t use it as an excuse to slack. Take yourself of to the gym and try out the machines and exercises you haven’t done before.
- If you hate exercise and working out at the gym then start by taking a class which will keep you interested. Dance classes such as Zumba are good fun and fantastic for keeping fit. Try your hand at something new and you may just love it!
- Get yourself a training buddy. It is easier to stay motivated when there is someone with you. Seeing each others progress will also keep you both going and quitting will be more difficult as you know you’ll be letting someone down.
- Look into the future and think about how you are going to feel when you’ve achieved your goals.
View the original article here
Find a life coach that can help with Health Coaching
or try our advanced search