Dating Coaching - Are you ready to date?
Before we begin dating it is important to take a moment to ask yourself AM I READY TO DATE? Write your answer be completely honest……
NOW take a piece of paper and write at the top Dating and Me….
Take 5-10 minuets to write the first 10-15 words that pop into your head when you think about dating. Don’t think to hard about it, there is no wrong answer. Write whatever thoughts you have no matter how strange or surprising they may be. This is a good way to tap into your subconscious and see what you think deep down about yourself and dating.
NOW honestly answer these questions nobody else has to read it, the answers are just for you.
- Was there anything interesting or surprising on the list?
- Is there anything that you need to go away and think about more before you go on any dates?
Here are some more questions to get you thinking about being dating ready. Be honest with yourself when you answer these questions. There is space to write your answers.
- What are you hoping to get from dating?
- How do you feel about yourself when it comes to dating?
- How long have you been single for?
- How do you feel about being single?
- Are you really over your last relationship?
- How will you know that you are ready to start dating?
- Can you understand why the last relationship did not work out?
- What are the positive things I learned about the last relationship?
- Are you being realistic about what you expect to get when dating?
Hopefully from answering these questions you will be thinking positively about yourself, excited and hopeful about the fun you will have when dating. If you are not ready to move on, are not as over your last relationship as you thought or are looking to meet someone because you don’t know how to be single maybe you are not ready to start dating yet. If you approach the dating scene in the wrong frame of mind you might not get out of it what you are hoping for.
Now ask yourself again AM I READY TO DATE?
TIP - Enjoy the moment rather than worrying about where the date is going to lead or if it is going to turn into a relationship. Dating is like shopping you have to try on a lot of outfits before you find the perfect one for you.
Life Coach Directory is not responsible for the articles published by members. The views expressed are those of the member who wrote the article.
Top recent articles
Georgie ElliottNovember 14th, 2017
Lorna Payne - LMP TherapyNovember 7th, 2017
Most viewed articles
Aim To Be, Life & Business CoachingJuly 19th, 2010
Roksana Anning - Career, Interview, Confidence, Motivation, Redundancy coachingMarch 17th, 2015