Teresa Lewis Msc PgDip BA(Hons) MBACP(Snr Accred) MAC
Lewis Psychology CIC
62-70 Tettenhall Road
01902 827808 / 0774 888 5614
Teresa is a founding member of the BACP's coaching division and the only coach in Wolverhampton to gain full registration status with the prestigious Association for Coaching. She is passionate about leadership and uses her Masters degree in psychotherapy and qualifications in both training and coaching to deliver an evidence based approach to coaching, which is grounded in established theories of adult learning, cognitive behavioural coaching, solution focussed coaching and positive psychology. She brings a powerful combination of business experience and psychological insight to help clients achieve transformational change.
In addition to being a Senior Accredited Counsellor / Psychotherapist with the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) Teresa is founder and director of multi-award winning Lewis Psychology. She is a proactive and dynamic professional, combining extensive executive management experience with a successful background at senior command level. She is a motivational and inspirational leader capable of coaching and empowering individuals to enable them to fulfil their potential whilst ensuring that they make a positive contribution to the achievement of objectives. Teresa brings a powerful combination of business experience and psychological insight to help clients achieve transformational change.
BACP ACCREDITED SERVICE
Teresa is the founder and director of award winning Wolverhampton practice, Lewis Psychology CIC. Lewis Psychology CIC is the only organisation in Wolverhampton to gain service accreditation status with the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP). BACP Service Accreditation demands the highest standards of practice and is considered by many to be the highest honour in the field. The BACP Service Accreditation sets the standard to which all services can aspire to and demonstrates a commitment to excellence.
ACCREDITED BREATHWORKS MINDFULNESS TRAINING COURSES WITH TERESA LEWIS
Teresa regularly delivers an eight week Accredited Breathworks Mindfulness for Stress course. The Mindfulness course consists of 8 x 2-hour group sessions, where there will be guided mindfulness practice and theoretical teachings. Each week participants are taught a number of different mindfulness practices that can be incorporated into daily life to reduce stress and aid general wellbeing.
All course participants will also receive:
- The Little Mindfulness Workbook By Gary Hennesey (Crimson Publishing)
- The Little Mindfulness Practice Book by Gary Hennessey (Published by Breathworks)
- MP3 with 18 different guided meditations
- Lewis Psychology certificate of attendance
To find out more about our Mindfulness for Stress Course please click: Mindfulness for Stress, Wolverhampton.
Teresa also delivers an eight week Mindfulness Based Compassionate Living (MBCL) course for graduates of her Mindfulness for Stress course and other accredited 8 week mindfulness courses such as MBSR and MBCT. Practices are grounded in modern neuroscience and compassion focussed therapy (CFT) thus offering a fascinating synthesis of contemplative practice and new brain science.
MINDFULNESS BASED COMPASSIONATE LIVING COURSE WITH TERESA LEWIS
Teresa also delivers a post graduate eight week Mindfulness Based Compassionate Living (MBCL) course. This course integrates the work of experts in the field such as Paul Gilbert, Kristin Neff, Christopher Germer, Rick Hanson and Tara Brach. Erick van den Brink and Frits Koster developed this eight step Mindfulness Based Compassion Living training programme which is supported by practical exercises and free audio downloads. Grounded in ancient wisdom and modern science, this course demonstrate how being compassionate shapes our minds and brains, and benefits our health and relationships.
All course participants will receive:
- Audio download of 24 guided meditations;
- Lewis Psychology certificate of attendance;
- 22 hours face to face Mindfulness Based Compassionate Living (MBCL) training with MBCL accredited mindfulness teacher, Teresa Lewis.
The course is delivered over 8 weeks with the option of attending a silent practice session.
To find out more about our Mindfulness Based Compassionate Living course please click: Mindfulness Based Compassionate Living, Wolverhampton
Since founding the company in 2009 Lewis Psychology CIC has rapidly become a flagship business. The company has achieved national recognition for excellence in service delivery and ethical business principles. This recognition is clearly illustrated through Lewis Psychology CIC’s rapid expansion and business awards.
2010: Awarded the prestigious Social Enterprise Mark. The Social Enterprise Mark is a 'Fair Trade'-type stamp that helps people identify businesses that are ethically motivated.
2011: Lewis Psychology CIC become the ONLY counselling and psychotherapy service in Wolverhampton to be awarded service accreditation status with the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP).
2011: Awarded a 2011 Morgan Foundation Entrepreneur Award for ‘Business Providing the Best Social or Economic Contribution to the Region’.
As a recognised expert Teresa is frequently asked to review and endorse books for international publishing houses. Teresa’s most recent book endorsement was Skills in Gestalt Counselling and Psychotherapy (Second Edition) by Charlotte Sills and Phil Joyce, which was published by Sage.
CONTINUING PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT (CPD)
Teresa continues to update her knowledge and skills by attending training events and by conducting further study.
* Clear Enhanced DBS
* Registered Data Controller under the Data Protection Act (1998).
We are located at Deansgate, 62-70 Tettenhall Road, Wolverhampton, WV1 4TZ. Deansgate has been refurbished to an exceptionally high specification, it is a landmark property that dates back to the early 18th Century and has retained its period features throughout. We are situated on the ground floor and there is full disabled access at the rear of the building. There is a free onsite car park at the front and rear of the building for up to 82 cars.
We are based in a prominent location on the A41 Tettenhall Road within the established office quarter of Wolverhampton. We are approximately 1 mile north west of Wolverhampton city centre, Junction 10 of the M6 motorway is approximately 6.4 miles east and Junction 2 of the M54 motorway 4.5 miles north.
HOW TO FIND LEWIS PSYCHOLOGY CIC
- By car: Lewis Psychology CIC is on Tettenhall Road (A41) approximately a half a mile from Wolverhampton town centre.
- By bus: If you are travelling via public transport Lewis Psychology CIC is on the Tettenhall bus route (the number one bus) from Wolverhampton bus station. You will need to get off the bus on Tettenhall Road just before the Shell garage. The bus stop is directly across the road from Lewis Psychology offices.
- By foot: Approximately a 15 minute walk from Wolverhampton city centre.
Monday: 8.15am to 8.00pm
Tuesday: 8.15am to 8.00pm
Wednesday: 8.15am to 8.00pm
Thursday: 8.15am to 8.00pm
Friday: 8.15am to 8.00pm
Saturday: 9.00am to 6.00pm
Sunday: 9:30am to 4:00pm
ENQUIRIES AND BOOKING INFORMATION
- Telephone: (01902) 827808
- Mobile/text: 0774 888 5614
- Website: www.lewispsy.org.uk
If nobody is available please leave a message on the confidential 24 hour answering service and your call will be returned.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Masters Degree (Msc) in Counselling and Psychotherapy
- Post Graduate Diploma (PgDip) in Counselling and Psychotherapy
- Post Graduate Certificate (PgCert) in Counselling and Psychotherapy
- Diploma in Neuro-Linguistic Programming (NLP)
- Bachelor Degree with Honours (BA Hons)
- Certificate in Further Education Teaching
- Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR) (all parts)
- Mindfulness Teacher Training One (Breathworks)
- Mindfulness Teacher Training Two (Breathworks)
- Mindfulness Teacher Training Advanced (Breathworks)
- Mindful Movement (Breathworks)
- Mindfulness Based Compassionate Living (MBCL) Teacher Training Foundation
- Mindfulness Based Compassionate Living (MBCL) Teacher training One
- Mindfulness Based compassionate Living (MBCL) Teacher Training Two
- Practitioner Diploma in Clinical Hypnotherapy
- General Qualification in Hypnotherapy Practice (GQHP)
- Diploma in Counselling
- Certificate in Counselling
PROFESSIONAL ACCREDITATIONS AND REGISTRATIONS
- Member of the Association for Coaching
- Founding Member of BACP Coaching Division
- British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) Senior Accredited Counsellor/Psychotherapist
- Accredited Mindfulness Teacher
- BACP Register of Counsellors and Psychotherapists
- British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) Accredited Counselling and Psychotherapy Service
- Enhanced Criminal Records Bureau (CRB) disclosure
- Registered Data Controller under the Data Protection Act (1998)
- Extensive experience in the field of business development and management
- Founder and Director of Lewis Psychology CIC
- Former lecturer
Areas of coaching I deal with
- Personal development
- Redundancy coaching
Photos & videos
Coaching can be highly effective even in one single session and produce sustainable and lasting results. In a market where ten session packages or six month contracts are the rule, Lewis Psychology stands out. We do not ask clients to pre-pay or sign up for a set number of sessions in advance.
Our organisations customers are asked to contact us for details of our corporate pricing structure.
Life Coaching is an increasingly popular tool for supporting personal and professional development. It is a collaborative solution-focused and results-orientated process in which the life coach facilitates the enhancement of your work performance, life experience, self-directed learning and personal growth. Life Coaching is for anyone who wants to improve some aspect of their life. Life Coaching can be used to:
- Plan a new career direction
- Become more assertive
- Build confidence and self belief
- Tackle weight issues
- Develop effective communication skills
- Improve relationships
- Find a new job
- Start your own business
- Improve work/life balance
- Promote health and fitness
- Develop effective time management strategies
- Become proactive rather than reactive
- Identify barriers to productive change
- Develop conflict resolution skills
The above list is not exhaustive.
Teresa Lewis helps organisations to get the very best from their people and in helping people to get the very best from their career. Executive Coaching provides an essential source of support and development for leaders and mangers. It is a meaningful, confidential, goal-focused conversation that enables leaders and managers to take time to think, to understand and gain personal and strategic clarity. Coaching is invaluable during times of transition, when specific skills need fine-tuning or when key people just need time to fully focus on the complex issues that can help or hinder performance at individual, team and organisational levels.
Why Executive Coaching?
All leaders and managers face demands, having an experienced Executive Coach working alongside you in a professional partnership will help you to focus on meeting these demands, develop vision, new skills and insights, and enhance your success and performance.
Executive Coaching provides a genuine opportunity for people to celebrate what's working well, to give proper attention to what is not, to enhance relationships and to make better and informed decisions about where to place or renew ones energy. Executive Coaching can be used to:
- Remove the limiting beliefs and fears that hold you back in certain situations
- Improve your management style
- Become more 'outcome' focused instead of being 'problem' focused
- Achieve a greater work-life balance
- Become a better manager of people
- Raise performance
- Resolve conflict
- Help you to drive through change
- Take your development to the next level
- Develop a long-term growth plan
- Turn your ideas into a viable business
- Execute your business strategy more effectively
Type of session
|Online life coaching:||No|
|Telephone life coaching:||No|
|Face to face life coaching:||Yes|