Yu Du - Embrace a brave new world !
I serve a limited number of high functioning, passionate, committed people who refuse to accept a default future and who are determined to move forward and reach their greatest potential.
“How beauteous mankind is! O brave new world, that has such people in it!”
Why embrace a brave new world?
- We must make a decision about our lives: create a future or live a default future. When you choose to embrace your potential, you choose to grow, to learn, to challenge and to be challenged.
- The potential within us is far beyond our wildest imaginations.
- It's tough but guaranteed to be exciting and fun.
How a brave new world might look like?
- Life change: you want to create a new phase in your career, strengthen a marriage, cultivate a deeper relationship with yourself and with others.
- Leadership: you want to expand your business, become a more effective communicator and leader…
- Meaning & Fulfilment: you want to find your true calling, look for meaningfulness and fulfilment in your life.
- Financial freedom: you want to create greater financial success and prosperity.
- Vision: you want to develop and work towards your vision to make a positive impact in the world.
Who am I?
Sketch: Non-linear, curious, positively disruptive, imperfect, silly and occasionally profound.
Who are you?
Sketch: Determined, creative, brave, hero at heart, imperfect, equally silly and profound.
Curious? Find more information on my website, www.duyu.co.uk, email me email@example.com or call on 07958112568.
"Yu’s deep listening was transformative. Her questions dug beneath the layers of resistance and self doubt that were blocking my dream of creating a collaborative, inclusive community. We both shared together the intense joy and excitement that working towards the dream would bring.
"It is rare that someone is so invested in another’s experience that they can physically and emotionally share it with them but that is exactly what happened. French philosopher Simone Weil maintained that 'Attention is the rarest and purest form of generosity.' I am so grateful to have experienced and benefitted from this same kind of generosity from Yu. I would very much like to pass that experience on to others.
"Through our deep conversations I came to understand that I really must continue with my research and find other like-minded people to work with, so that the collaborative, inclusive community becomes a reality."
- Robyn Appleton, Artist
"... What stood out for me was my coach, Yu’s willingness to challenge my assumptions and question my long held beliefs. By doing so she helped me discover my blind spots to the issue. For me Coaching is powerful when it helps shift my thinking. My coach achieved that by her gentle persistence on pushing me out of my established beliefs. As the result of the sessions I have work to do but at the same time I am energized to make the changes as I can see the full picture now."
- Dr Pantea Lotfian, Managing Director
"I had the privilege to work with Yu, which was very powerful and enlightening. We dove in on different experiences within my life’s past and present, in order to find the strong connections which may affect me today. We explored my strengths and weaknesses, and the elements which fuel them. We looked at the outside influences that helped create my perspective, and we determined how these perspectives affect me mentally, physically, and emotionally. Nevertheless we tied everything towards my vision and what I wanted to create with my understandings and awareness. The experience was eye opening and very useful in many ways to the extent that I would recommend it to any person looking for effective tools to help develop and support their personal growth. Thanks again for everything you are doing to help support the world at large!"
- Jeffery Myers, Social entrepreneur
Training, qualifications & experience
My deepest learning has been through confronting the challenges and failures in my life, working with my clients and being guided by masters/coaches in various disciplines.
I have a Diploma in Transformational Coaching from the Animas Centre for Coaching in UK.
I am a qualified Somatic Movement Coach from Align Somatics in UK.
I am a graduate of Steve Chandler’s Advanced Client System Coaching School in the US.
I have extensive training across different fields, including: appreciative coaching, three principles coaching, existential coaching, positive psychology, Bonny method (music therapy), group coaching, relationship coaching and mindfulness. I hold a MSc in Information Technology and a BSc in Chemical Engineering.
I am a business woman and entrepreneur, and I have more than 15 years' work experience in a leading international organisation. I am a co-leader of the Meaningfulness Movement and a co-founder of VisionaryLab.
I have a deep interest in philosophy, opera, martial arts, SCUBA diving (with sharks!), and I am an enthusiastic piano player.
Areas of coaching I deal with
Other areas of coaching I deal with
Purpose and Meaning;
The first step – Introduction Conversation
The best way to find out whether I can help you – and for both of us to find out whether we’ll be a good fit for each other – is to have a 90 minute no-obligation introduction conversation.
During this conversation, we will find out about the brave new world in which you want to live. We will lay out where your life is now, where you would like it to be, and whether you might benefit from working with someone like me on your journey from your current reality to your vision. We’ll discuss frequency of sessions and explore any questions you have about the process. If we both believe there’s a fit, we’ll go forward into a coaching relationship.
Depending on your unique challenges, vision and priorities, we might choose one of the following options. I am flexible in how I work with different people.
1. Regular program
One-to-one coaching program that lasts between 3 months and a year:
- Two or three 45 to 60 minute sessions per month.
- Regular email contact.
- Between-session work that expands and adds to your progress.
- “Spot coaching” for any urgent needs between regular sessions.
- Accountability that we design together to ensure you’re giving and getting maximum benefit from our coaching relationship.
- And my promises to you.
2. Special program
- Half day, one day or multi day intensive.
- Experience program, involving travelling to inspiring locations and taking part in unique activities.
I coach face-to-face in central London, and also via phone or Skype.
Type of session
|Online life coaching:||Yes|
|Telephone life coaching:||Yes|
|Face to face life coaching:||Yes|