11 Windmill Close
You are the expert in your own life and the best person to make the right decisions about yourself. I can provide a calm, warm, engaging, supportive and encouraging space, dedicated to talking and thinking things through.
If you are looking to make a change in your life and to take control then I can help you. Unfortunately, the pace of life and commitments can mean that you never find the time to think about yourself clearly. As a fully certified and accredited life coach, I can support you by giving you time and space to talk and think things through. I will actively listen and ask questions to encourage you to explore your own unique situation. I can also introduce techniques to help you develop positive ways of handling unhelpful feelings. I have a common-sense approach to life coaching and will help you to look at where you are now, where you want to be and to realistically plan to succeed in your goal.
Feedback from previous clients
- 'Sue was very warm and engaging'
- 'I saw changes after just the first session'
- 'Sue helped me to believe in myself'
- 'I feel so much more positive'
- 'So nice to be listened to'
- 'Some useful ways to make myself feel confident'
- 'Great to have time to think'
- 'Sue is supportive and encouraging'
- 'I now appreciate and value myself'
- 'Sue has a very calming manner'
- 'Challenging but enjoyable'
- 'I can see the future and find a way to get there'
- 'Sue has a lovely approach'
- 'I was able to sort out my priorities'
- 'I can understand my daughter much better'
- 'Sue helped me deal with a tricky situation'
- 'I have taken control of me'
- 'I can now talk myself into things instead of out of them'
What happens in a coaching session?
Very simply, you talk through your situation and I ask questions to help your thinking. I may also suggest some paper-based exercises to help with this. We will look at where you are now in your life, where you want to be and how you are going to realistically get there. I can also introduce some techniques to handle unhelpful feelings that may be holding you back. At all times, I am led by you and look to you as the expert in your life. I will explain the reasoning behind any activity I suggest.
How many sessions will I need?
This really depends on you and the changes that you want to make, but 3-5 sessions is generally a good guide. We will discuss this during our initial conversation.
How do I know if this is for me?
It is important that you feel completely comfortable working with me so I offer a free initial telephone conversation and I also offer a 30 minute taster session.
Where are the coaching sessions?
They are usually at 11 Windmill Close. However some clients prefer alternative arrangements, for example, a coffee shop or going for a walk. Please contact me if you would like to discuss an alternative.
What is the difference between coaching and counselling?
Depending on the individual coach or counsellor there can be some overlaps between the disciplines. However, put simply, coaching is about looking to the future and counselling is about fixing the past. Coaching is about supporting the client to take control and find the best solution for them. A coach does not tell the client what to do but supports them to explore their own unique situation. Coaching is usually a short-term arrangement and aims to give clients skills that they can use to self-coach themselves in their future lives.
Training, qualifications & experience
- I am a fully qualified and insured performance and life coach. I trained with the acclaimed Louise Trevatt at Simply Changing and complete a variety of CPD courses each year to further my professional development
- I graduated with the performance coaching with NLP diploma which is externally verified by the National Council of Psychotherapists
- I also hold a BSc and a PGCE
- I am a member of and approved by the National Council of Psychotherapists
- I have an enhanced DSB certificate
- I have particular interest and experience in working with clients to tackle issues associated with lack of motivation and confidence
- I have particular interest and experience in working with people who want to improve their work-life balance
- I have particular interest and experience in working with young people and teachers, having worked in secondary education for many years.
Areas of coaching I deal with
Other areas of coaching I deal with
- Young People
- Change of direction
- Sort your 'to do' list
- Life style changes
- Stuck in a rut
- Business goals
- Weight loss
Photos & videos
Initial Telephone Conversation (to discuss how we might work together)
20 minutes - FREE
'Try coaching' appointment (an opportunity for you to try out coaching)
30 minutes - £30
Coaching appointment (full session)
60 minutes - £55
Please feel free to contact me if you have any queries.
Type of session
|Online life coaching:||No|
|Telephone life coaching:||No|
|Face to face life coaching:||Yes|
Monday to Friday 9:30 to 5:30 Saturday 9:30 to 12:30 You can book appointments on my website. If you prefer to email then please include times that are convenient for you.