I provide coaching face to face in Ocean Village, Southampton and online via Skype. I work as a transformational coach with the general public but also specialise in working with university students and as a performance coach with musicians/performing artists. I'm here to walk alongside you in your journey as you create the life that you deserve, transforming yourself from the inside out!
I have over ten years' experience in psychology and wellbeing, helping people in this process as they overcome anxiety, depression and many of life's challenges. I am passionate about helping others to thrive; to uncover their own self-worth, self belief and direction in life. We all deserve to flourish, and we all deserve the chance to learn we can create a different future for ourselves!
I draw on a range of techniques drawn from performance psychology, positive psychology, mindfulness, meditation and acceptance based approaches. I also practice Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT) to help you tune into what matters, face your fears, overcome procrastination and live the life you've dreamed of.
So, why choose me? Well, you don't have to! But I'm very down to earth and more than happy to have a completely informal chat with you first to make sure you feel comfortable and that what I do is right for you. Honesty, integrity and human connection is absolutely central to how I work. I'm not here as some sort of guru - I'm here to walk alongside you, give you a gentle nudge or a big push (but only if you want it!) and share what I know that I think could help you take those steps. After ten years working in the field and a lifetime of self-study to break through my own barriers, I'm passionate about helping others to break through theirs!
Training, qualifications & experience
I have extensive experience in the field of psychology, mental health and wellbeing.
Prior to launching my private coaching practice, I worked extensively with students (including mature and post-graduate students) over the last five years as Wellbeing Officer for Arts University Bournemouth and as the manager of the NHS led Student Wellbeing service at Bournemouth University. This involved helping students at all ends of the spectrum, from those experiencing severe mental health difficulties and crisis to those wanting to get the most out of their work and learn skills to focus, prioritise, break through creative blocks and perfectionism and manage anxiety.
Prior to this, I spent five years working for Solent Mind, helping people set goals and take steps to recover from long term mental health problems. I have also conducted research in health psychology at the University of Southampton and spent time working for Victim Support.
- MSc Psychology, Nottingham Trent University, 2007
- PGCert Performing Arts Medicine, UCL, current
- PGCert Healthcare Leadership, Bournemouth University, 2016
- Mental Health First Aid, 2016
- Wellness Recovery Action Plan (WRAP) Facilitator, Copeland Centre, 2013
- Mindfulness, Meditation and Relaxation Coach, SmartFoundations, 2012
- Resilience and Wellbeing Coach, SmartFoundations, 2012
- Level 3 Certificate in Counselling Skills, City College Southampton, 2009
- ACT for Depression, Dorset HealthCare NHS University Foundation Trust, 2015
- ACT Intermediate Level, Mindfulness Training Ltd, 2014
- ACT Experiential Introduction, Mindfulness Training Ltd, 2014
- Drug Awareness, EDAS, 2014
- Recovery Star, Southern Health, 2012
- Motivational Interviewing, ROCC Training, 2009
Areas of coaching I deal with
Other areas of coaching I deal with
- Performance coaching - particularly with musicians / performing artists
- University students and student wellbeing
- Transformational Coaching: £60 per session
- Performance Coaching: £50 per session
- Student Coaching: £40 per session
I offer the sixth session free when you book a block of 6! See my website for details.
In some circumstances, I can offer concessions on rates - contact me for more information.
I am fully DBS checked, insured and am a member of the British Psychological Society and abide by their code of ethics.
Please visit my website and blog where you can really get a feel for how I work! I welcome any calls and am happy to have an informal chat to help you discover if my coaching is right for you.
Type of session
|Online life coaching:||Yes|
|Telephone life coaching:||Yes|
|Face to face life coaching:||Yes|