I am passionate about helping individuals unlock their true potential and gain positive momentum in their lives and careers. As each client is unique I do not uphold a set model for coaching. Instead I pull on different approaches depending on what I feel best meets the need of my client at a particular moment in time.
Before becoming a coach, I worked in marketing, retail and big data for 14 years in a variety of senior management and leadership roles. I have led strategic engagements at Board level, restructured and recruited new teams and worked in Global roles, where collaboration and taking people with you is key to success. My business experience helps me to relate to the various challenges and issues that my clients can often find themselves facing.
I specialise in helping individuals to:
- increase their self-awareness and personal confidence
- understand their core values and what's important to them to feel energised and fulfilled
- confidently navigate major career changes and transitions
- feel empowered to deal positively with conflict or challenging work based relationships
My coaching practice is based on the following core beliefs:
- When clients have a safe, confidential, non-judgemental and supportive relationship made available to them I believe they are able to truly think, feel and be heard.
- Most of us hold a solution to our problems deep within us but we simply haven’t ever had the time and space made available through which to discover it.
- When a client finds a solution for themselves they will feel greater ownership of it, believe in it more and are more likely to action it than if they are told what to do. My role is as coach is, therefore, to actively listen, reflect and use questioning to help facilitate the exploration of a client’s thinking rather than dictate or tell clients what I feel they should do.
How do you know whether coaching is the right option for you now?
Challenge yourself with the following:
- Do I have a strong desire to improve now?
- Am I open to new ways of thinking and behaving?
- Will I make coaching related activities a priority? Will I honour this commitment to self-development?
I also offer a free taster session so that you can experience coaching with me to help you make this decision.
What should you expect to get out of a single coaching session with me?
It really is up to you. The outcome of a coaching session could be:
- Practical steps to move forward productively and effectively.
- Complete or partial resolution or, at a minimum, greater insights into the issue you have presented.
- Greater awareness and insights on personal effectiveness and new ways of approaching a particular situation.
- A shift in perspective resulting in clarity, courage and confidence to move forward in a new direction.
- Specific follow-up action steps to keep the learning progressing between sessions.
It all depends on what you feel you need at the time and what emerges in your session. However, we will always keep in mind the overall goals for coaching that you agree with me at the start.
"Sarah is a very talented coach. I have had the pleasure of working with Sarah for four years while Chief People Officer at dunnhumby. Sarah helped design and launch our internal coaching program. I have found her honesty, empathy, and integrity to be invaluable. Her warm and engaging style means she is adept at bringing even the most uncomfortable truth to light in a supportive and non-confrontational way. Sarah is also very commercial and understands what drives businesses - invaluable as a coach. She helped transform lives and working relationships at dunnhumby. I am a big fan!"
Terri, Chief People Officer, London
Training, qualifications & experience
Certificate in Coaching for Organisational Consultants - Ashridge Business School (2014)
2:1 Geography (BA Hons) Oxford University
Masters in Executive Coaching - Ashirdge Business School (2014-2018)
Areas of coaching I deal with
Other areas of coaching I deal with
I offer 1:1 coaching programs (face to face or Skype based), typically over 6 to 12 sessions.
Face to face sessions are held at an agreed location where confidentiality can be maintained.
I offer a free 60 minute taster session to all clients.
Regular 1:1 sessions are for 90 minutes and cost £90.
If any travel is required then these costs will be chargeable to the client.
Type of session
|Online life coaching:||Yes|
|Telephone life coaching:||No|
|Face to face life coaching:||Yes|
11am - 3pm weekdays