Peter Welch - qualified coach, team coach & coach supervisor
01892 853300 / 0797 333 0698
What I offer
I offer 121 coaching sessions either face-to-face or by Skype/Zoom or telephone, often in the areas of finding work/life rhythm, being more effective in the workplace, making big changes in your life and career transitions, and being a fantastic leader. I often help people in the related areas of leadership, change, performance, and communication skills.
I also offer coaches and mentors 121 and group supervision, to support you with those 'tricky issues' that clients may throw at us occasionally! Coach supervision is available 1-1 by Skype, Zoom, Facetime, or telephone if we are at a distance.
My style is friendly, supportive yet challenging in the right places! I try to help you to understand what your issues and goals are, then help you to achieve your plans by resourcing yourself well.
Locally, I mainly work in East Sussex, West Kent, East Surrey, and London. I can also work virtually using Skype or Zoom at a time to suit us both.
A little about me
I live just south of Tunbridge Wells in a small conservation village, with my wife. We enjoy walking on the Ashdown Forest, photography, reading, cooking for each other, travelling abroad, and enjoying 'world music'. I also teach West African drumming at local workshops (you didn't expect that, did you!)
Since becoming an independent coach and mentor over 20 years ago, I have worked with executives, and senior managers in private, public and voluntary sectors including multi-cultural organisations and charities. I've also run a successful learning and development consultancy.
Since then, I've set up my own coaching practice and support many professionals and coaches, and have set up a number of coaching and supervision communities. I benefit from regular supervision myself and maintain an active CPD learning journal, to sustain my coaching accreditation.
I often work in the related areas of leadership, change, performance, and communication skills.
I've recorded a few video shorts for you to preview - about me, life coaching, coach supervision.
Benefits of coaching with Peter
- Talk confidentially in a supportive space to explore your issues, challenges and ideas and to move forward on your personal development goals
- Help you to see what's holding you back or see the strengths you have, that can enable you to achieve your hopes and ambitions
- Rapidly make progress
- Feel resourceful and confident to tackle the difficult hurdles
How I work with coaching clients (you)
Once you've made contact, I will:
- explain how coaching could work in your situation and the potential benefits
- outline my style of coaching and my values
- agree a mix of coaching sessions - face-to-face, telephone, email support
- develop a timeline to achieve your coaching needs, typically over 3-4 months, but this can be shorter or longer depending on your agenda and urgency
- clarify the payment based on your selection and mix of coaching sessions
Once we've agreed the basic 'contract', I will send you some helpful documents to get you started and to clarify your needs. We can then plan our first coaching session at a time and place convenient to us both.
At our first session, we will get to know each other and ensure that we're compatible to work together, explain my role and how confidentiality will be protected, and begin coaching to get momentum going, map out future coaching sessions and support. We will achieve pretty rapid but sustainable results...
I will regularly seek feedback on how the coaching is going for you, and make changes as guided by you. Towards the end of the series, we will review overall progress, successes and any steps still to be taken.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Member of the Association for Coaching – MAC level (regularly re-accredited)
- Diploma in Performance Coaching
- Diploma in Coaching Supervision, from The Coaching Supervision Academy (regularly re-accredited)
- NLP Diploma; FIRO ‘B’ qualified; Appreciative Inquiry; Thomas International accredited to run two psychometric assessments; Solutions Focus trained
- Team Coaching Certificate - Prof Peter Hawkins, Bath Consultancy Group
- MA - Learning in Organisations from Brighton University
- Regional Coordinator & board member for the association of coaching supervisors (see my AOCS profile at http://www.associationofcoachingsupervisors.com/index.php/find-a-supervisor/show/33)
- Co-founder of SuperVisionNow - a service that provides fast access to a qualified supervisor when you need it: www.supervisionnow.com
With many years of experience to draw on, and a background in commercial, corporate and independent life, I am well-placed to support most people. I actively maintain my learning by reading widely, attending relevant workshops and webinars, attending coaching groups, and by having supervision myself.
Please visit my Linkedin page here:
Areas of coaching I deal with
Other areas of coaching I deal with
being more effective in the workplace
making big changes in your life
coaching supervision for coaches and mentors, both 121 or in groups
team coaching supervision
Photos & videos
- Try before you buy offer: 'taster' session of 30 minutes free by Skype/telephone/Zoom
- £360 for series of 4 x f2f sessions (no travel cost if within 10 miles of my base)
- £300 for series of 4 sessions by telephone or Skype, Zoom or Facetime
- Mix of f2f and by Skype/telephone/Zoom/Facetime - fees available on request
- Try before you buy offer: 'taster' session of 30 minutes free by Skype/telephone/Zoom/Facetime
- +15% on your hourly rate or £95 per session/£375 for series of 4 sessions 1-1 (no travel cost if within 10 miles of my base)
- Group supervision (up to 6 coaches); £900 for series of 4 group sessions i.e. £150 per head/£38 per session equivalent, plus travel cost if more than 10 miles from my base, plus cost of any local venue hired. Cost can be reduced pro rata for groups up to 10 members max.
- Schools/FE sector: from £550 per half day
- Not-for-profit/charity sector: from £950 per half day
- Smaller private enterprises: from £1000 per half day
- Large private enterprises: from £1250 per half day
Team Coaching Supervision: fees available on request, based on half day or per series.
Please visit my website for more information about the work I do with clients and organisations: http://www.peterwelchcoaching.co.uk
A few genuine testimonials from happy clients:
"Peter, I just wanted to say thanks for our session today. It was really valuable to me and provided the nudge I needed around a few things. I really enjoy and value working with you. Director of coaching company
“Many thanks for a useful and productive session today. I am being mindful about ‘letting go to let come’ - thanks for the reminder about that mantra“ - Trainer and coach
"As my self-confidence in approaching this career change had been low, Peter provided a crucial empowerment tool to anchor a much-needed resource along this path. Overall, this has given me a greater sense of empowerment with my career change." HR Advisor in local authority
"Thank you so much for our last meeting, and your input. As usual, you have added so much value to the conversation just in listening so carefully. It's amazing that you always know the right way forward for my current issue." Coach & lecturer
"Thank you again for your insightful and thought-provoking supervision. I feel so much more comfortable in my coaching skin being supported by you, after my year of studying, coaching and reflection. If your ears were burning not long after we spoke it was because I was singing your praises!" Exec coach
"Having coach supervision has been invaluable!" MD of Coaching company
"It was very useful to be able to discuss shared experiences and learn from Peter and my colleagues about how they have tackled coaching situations in the past. It was useful to test out my own approach and style to ensure they were appropriate and to understand how I could have done something differently." - specialist in a major charity (part of supervision group)
"Peter expertly facilitated the sessions and helped create an open and relaxed environment, which brought the group together. I found Peter very professional and easy to talk to and I gained a great deal of knowledge and understanding about coaching." - manager in a major charity (part of supervision group)
"Fabulous session as always. I really liked the way you supervised using the 'magic bag'!" Coach supervision group member
Type of session
|Online life coaching:||Yes|
|Telephone life coaching:||Yes|
|Face to face life coaching:||Yes|
M-F, 9-6 or at a time to suit us both