When times are tough, life throws us a curved ball, or things aren’t going well at work, it’s very easy to see the world as a grey place full of obstacles.
My mission is to help people bring colour back into their lives whether at home, at work or in business to reduce stress and improve wellbeing.
I use my coaching, facilitation and mentoring skills to help clients dig down to the roots of their challenges, tap into their strengths and resources, and support them to overcome obstacles, so that their environment becomes a brighter place and they can find their own solutions for moving forward.
I care deeply about learning, personal development and empowering individuals. I’ve always loved working with people and had a long career managing and coaching both large and small teams.
My coaching and facilitation style is collaborative, warm and very flexible. I take immense pleasure in helping individuals and teams learn and grow in awareness. Then watching the transformation as they move out of their comfort zone, fired up with energy, motivation and a renewed sense of purpose, believing in themselves and inspired with new ideas.
I have been business coaching for a number of years – initially within the organisations I worked for and now through my company Red Clematis Coaching Services.
My areas of expertise
• Coaching newly promoted managers and team leaders to develop their people management skills.
• Building confidence e.g. presenting, chairing meetings, networking, and managing difficult conversations.
• Supporting employees returning to work after cancer
• Developing interpersonal skills to improve working relationships and reduce conflict
• Using DISC personality profiling to design action focused workshops, team development and coaching programmes
• Helping teams to work together and communicate more effectively to improve performance
• Coaching to build resilience – drawing on my own personal experience of redundancy and breast cancer.
Examples of situations in which I believe my coaching can help are:
- Managing difficult conversations
- Improving that all important first impression
- Presenting confidently in meetings, at networking, by phone or in writing
- Developing interpersonal skills such as listening, empathy, building trust and rapport
- Dealing with conflict and difficult colleagues
- Avoiding over communication
- Building confidence
- Helping you regain a sense of purpose and direction, particularly after a major life change such as cancer or redundancy
- Career decisions
I utilise a variety of tools and techniques to enable clients to work through their challenges and achieve their objectives. I use my natural curiosity to help clients develop self awareness, asking questions to help them come up with their own answers and solutions.
Once you have made contact I will:
- Explain what coaching is, how it could work for you and the potential benefits to you and/or your organisation
- Find out more about you, what’s brought you to consider coaching and your coaching needs.
- Once you are satisfied that coaching is right for you, and that I am the right coach to meet your needs, we will agree the programme of coaching sessions, timings and logistics i.e.face to face, skype, telephone etc.
- Keep the information shared with me completely confidential. I adhere to the Coaching Academy Code of Ethics and have professional indemnity insurance in place.
- Together we will plan our first session, agree objectives and measures for success and create our coaching agreement.
- I will regularly seek feedback from you and make adjustments as guided by you
- At the end of the programme we will review progress and learning
Training, qualifications & experience
•Diploma in Personal Performance Coaching with the Coaching Academy
•Accredited to use DISC personality profiling
•Ongoing professional development:
CPD days – Confidence coaching, Holistic coaching
Regular coaching supervision
Member of Association for Coaching Co-Coaching forum
Areas of coaching I deal with
Other areas of coaching I deal with
- Cancer coaching and mentoring
- Team coaching and facilitation
- Leadership training and skills development
- DISC personality profiling
- Workshop facilitation
Photos & videos
Prices are available on request.
Sessions vary from 60 – 90 minutes, and these can be purchased individually or as a package of 3, 6 or 9 sessions. I offer a 45 minute complimentary consultation before you book your first session, and offer email and telephone/text support between sessions.
“I have completely turned a corner in my confidence to facilitate workshops. I have moved from a huge fear of presenting to enjoying (yes enjoying!) delivering day long workshops in a fairly short space of time. Beyond that though, Maggie has helped me identify goals, actions, timescales and “what things look like when they’re resolved”. Julia B, Hertfordshire
"I was slightly cynical of the benefits of coaching but thought it might help me with a few specific challenges. Because of Maggie’s enthusiasm, energy and skilful coaching which used a wide variety of approaches and ‘tools’ she helped me identify what the core barriers were and find practical solutions to overcome them. Completely sold on the concept now for achieving both business and personal objectives". Mike, Oxfordshire
“I was made redundant from my previous job and decided to take a huge leap and go self employed. With Maggie's skills and helpful navigation - almost a year on and I have over 40 members signed up at Kick Start Fat Loss Banbury. It has been an emotional roller coaster for me but knowing I had the support and guidance of Maggie helped me to stay focused and feel less overwhelmed by the ever growing task list. Maggie helped me to see clearly and take a step back so I could see a sensible and time efficient way to move my business forward”. Sindy M, Banbury
Type of session
|Online life coaching:||No|
|Telephone life coaching:||Yes|
|Face to face life coaching:||Yes|
In addition to Monday - Friday daytime can also offer some evening and weekend sessions on request.