Lynda Johnson Coaching
The Cheltenham Clinic Of Acupuncture and Chiropractic
199, Bath Road
01242 241933 / 07447 908085
I am a Cheltenham based certified Life & Business Coach, with a background in teaching, counselling, psychology and neuro-linguistic programming. I have over 20 years of experience working with individuals to move them forward personally and professionally. I have extensive experience of working with young people in education, together with the design and delivery of highly regarded confidence, well-being and resilience development programmes attended by adults across Gloucestershire. I also deliver coaching skills workshops for organisations wanting to embed a coaching culture within their workforce.
I am passionate about assisting individuals to take ownership of their personal development and self-awareness so that they have the confidence to move forward in the pursuit of a balanced, happy and meaningful life, both in and out of the workplace. I work creatively with clients who describe themselves as feeling 'stuck' and wanting change in their lives, to draw out their own unique skills, strengths and talents.
I work in partnership with my clients to help them access clarity, develop personal insights and an ability to think differently about their current situation. Most importantly, I offer a safe space within which exploration, critical thinking and insight can take place, often leading to changing perceptions and positive outcomes not considered previously!
My work is based on skills and evidence based techniques learnt and drawn from contemporary psychological research, including positive psychology, and professional coaching practice. Whilst the client establishes the agenda for each session, I manage the coaching process in a way that develops clarity and insight into:
- What you really, really want - why you want it and how you can get it
- Bridging the gap - between where you are right now and where you want to be in the future
- Exploring and evaluating - all possible options that are open and available to you
- Overcoming obstacles – especially issues of low confidence and negative thought patterns that may be holding you back from success
- Mastering personal planning - through realistic goal setting and incremental change.
Training, qualifications & experience
Certified & accredited qualifications
- Post-Graduate Diploma in Business, Executive & Personal Life Coaching - Coach Institute of Ireland
- Post Graduate Certificate in Psychology - University of Gloucestershire
- Post Graduate Certificate in Counselling & Psychotherapy - Tivoli Institute, Dublin
- Certified Practitioner in Neuro-Linguistic Programming - International Teaching Seminars, London
- Diploma in Education (Qualified Teacher status) - University of Nottingham
- BA Hons. Sociology & Politics - Trinity College, Dublin
Association memberships & fellowships
- Designated member (MAC) of the Association for Coaching, working to a strict Code of Ethics and Good Practice
- Professional NLP Practitioner and Coach member of the Association for Neuro-Linguistic Programming (ANLP), working to the key principles of 'Credibility,
Professionalism, and Commitment to quality'
- Fellow of the Royal Society of Arts (RSA), supporting social change and collaborative action to address today’s most pressing social challenges.
Areas of coaching I deal with
Photos & videos
- Initial exploratory consultation session - FREE
- One off session (45 mins) - £45.00
- Package A (3 sessions x 45 mins) - £120
- Package B (6 sessions x 45 mins) - £230
My fees are competitive, with reduced rates for those on low incomes.
" Lynda - thanks so much...you have shown me a new way of looking at things, which I will use on a day to day basis. Its been fun!" JD, 2016
" I feel I have flourished and developed resilience..." SH, 2016
" You have been such a positive influence on me..." PD, 2017
" What a fantastic experience... I have learnt so much..." NM, 2017
Type of session
|Online life coaching:||No|
|Telephone life coaching:||Yes|
|Face to face life coaching:||Yes|
Mid week appointments Mon - Fri: book in advance by telephone or email. Saturday mornings are available by appointment on request.